JB's Presser after PSU | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after PSU

Newsflash Coach fans saw the problems coming from the center position. You put this roster together.
It’s not Sidibe’s fault.

The problems are not the players fault.
We have a bunch of players playing out of position.

Not aware Sid was sick apparently.

Basically said this team will be bad for awhile because we didn't schedule enough cupcakes.

Not aware Sid was sick apparently.

Basically said this team will be bad for awhile because we didn't schedule enough cupcakes.
He had some Italian cupcakes.

they should give him a team that plays in the basement and let him coach that one...sort of like how they gave stapler guy his own desk in Office Space.

Who was JB referring to when he said Sid's coach was yelling at him to jump?

stomped on sid out of the gate. took a few shots at marek. has a tough time saying buddy in the Q and A's.

"Basically said this team will be bad for awhile because we didn't schedule enough cupcakes."

10 - 20 games ? bad for his winning % more like. and are those shoulder pads stitched into his blouse ?

Last edited:
When you recruit nothing but string beans giving away 40 lbs to opponents how do you expect to compete on the boards with good P5 teams? And getting abused by Penn State, who isn't even a basketball school and hasn't made the NCAAT the last 9 years demonstrates how far the talent level at Syracuse has fallen.

I haven't watched the presser. Anything that doesn't include JB saying something like, "We're bad, and, as the head coach, I have to take responsibility for a lot of it." Is incomplete.

I have expressed disdain for John Calipari many times on here, but I will give him credit for one thing. I have heard him take responsibility for his team's poor play before. Maybe he actually felt that way or maybe it was just strategy, but he has done it. I cannot remember ever hearing JB do it. There is no way you do anything for 44 years without screwing up at some point. Someone please correct me, if I am wrong and JB has at some point taken blame publicly.

Since I have trouble hearing the reporters questions I just listened to JB's intial statement which lasted all of 30 seconds. He blamed the loss entirely on rebounds while saying shooting could have been better. I didn't see the game so I don't know what actually happened, but by his own admission we lost the rebound battel by 29. Yet at the 24th rebound we were still tied in the second half. So according to JB, the first 24 didn't matter but the last 5 did? Also, how can one reasonably expect to win, or even stay close in rebounds when their center outweighs ours by 50 pounds? I hate complaining after a loss, because our feelings and egos are abused, but that statement is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard by someone as educated and respected as JB.

Jim hasn't, doesn't and will not take the blame. Just listen to his recent interview about the "quick hook". Jim has to always be right. Its why he was never going to leave under the timeline forced on him by the Chancellor. The positive to this trait is he hates to loose and im sure he will get our team to improve.
I feel badly for Red and the rest of the staff because if this decline continues JW will be forced to clean house and the guys will be out.

We can't schedule enough cupcakes because we have become a cupcake. We haven't been competitive in our 3 losses. We have been out talented and out played in all 3 games. And by a wide margin. Four of our starters should be role players. JGIII is going to be pretty good, but he's being asked to do too much right now. Marek would be a great backup forward who gives solid minutes. Buddy is what he is, which is a really good shooter who is an ok defender. In other words, a great 6th man for when we need some offense. Sidibe is the once typical SU center who only plays when the starter is in foul trouble.

"Basically said this team will be bad for awhile because we didn't schedule enough cupcakes."

10 - 20 games ? bad for his winning % more like. and are those shoulder pads stitched into his blouse ?

I'm sorry, Jim, but that's an awful answer.
If you can't get these kids to play hard, and you think the rebuild will take a couple years, time just ran out on your career.

Thanks, but you're officially "done".

I think JB understands there is a talent deficiency. But it’s hard to listen to him blame it on effort and execution. This team’s effort and execution will only go so far.

He’s just figuring that out now? He was saying they could be good during the entire preseason.

We lost to Penn State. By 19. Penn State.
Obviously this was a pathetic week, and to watch how far we’ve fallen is depressing. But before we played them, Penn State was 35th in KenPom. That’s good. OSU was around 45. Both of those numbers would likely put those teams into the tourney or close to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom