JB's Presser after UConn | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UConn

Our centers get pushed around a lot and often. That's what happens when our centers are bean poles. Not a new trend by any means. That's why landing a guy like Carrigan, who has some beef would be a nice change.

Threw Chukwu right under the bus and called the rest of the team softees... LOL.

Wasn't mincing words.

I didn't have a problem with it because it was 100% true...and, if I were those players, I'd would be embarrassed to play like that on national TV, and against a 10 point underdog at that. If that team crushed us on the boards as they did, it's cringe worthy to fathom what Duke will do.

JB needs to own this loss. He coached a terrible game. One of his worst. Didnt push the zone out. No feel for when to call a TO. Substitutions made zero sense. All in all an F coaching job. Like he was in a trance all game. No fire, no strategy. Jim was really off tonight.

JB needs to own this loss. He coached a terrible game. One of his worst. Didnt push the zone out. No feel for when to call a TO. Substitutions made zero sense. All in all an F coaching job. Like he was in a trance all game. No fire, no strategy. Jim was really off tonight.
lol yeah that was the problem

I don't think Carey played that well. Point me to a time he set up another player within the offense or on the break

He's a scorer learning PG, which JB said. His turnovers were high, but he's a true freshman going against very very good and experienced college guards. His scoring was great and he made some nice defensive plays.

I didn't have a problem with it because it was 100% true...and, if I were those players, I'd would be embarrassed to play like that on national TV, and against a 10 point underdog at that. If that team crushed us on the boards as they did, it's cringe worthy to fathom what Duke will do.

If youre familiar with the Game of Thrones line(or even if not), "Winter is coming" for the Orange vs Duke or anyone like them.

JB threw all starters(PC for defense, the other 3 for offense) other than Carey under the bus. And this... "They play hard...we're not that kind of a team...they have tougher players". Wow.

Last edited:
This post is so bad, I'm going to reply twice. What exactly did you expect from a true freshman? He scored 26 on 9-14 shooting with 7 boards, in a game where the team couldn't score or rebound.

Why do you think JB had Battle bring the ball up after Carey was challenged in the backcourt? How many assists did Carey have? Short answer..zero. must have been that pass to OB that he didn't handle, ok one assist, easy answer, as you say.
Look, hes going to be special, but struggling to get the ball up court and running the O and get the vets involved should be his priority this year

I was just thinking that. Our biggest problem was substitution patterns. Good lord

If youre familiar with the Game of Thrones line(or even if not), "Winter is coming" for the Orange vs Duke or anyone like them.

JB threw all starters(PC for defense, the other 3 for offense) other than Carey under the bus. And this... "They play hard...we're not that kind of a team...they have tougher players". The folks from here who harass our good owner and his fellow UConn fans should be grateful they have far more class than said posters here do. You know darned well if the outcome had been different, posters here would be over there without class. Thank goodness they hold themselves to a higher standard.
He didn’t throw them under the bus he said they played terrible and need to be better. That’s true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom