JB's Presser after Virginia | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Virginia

For all the mockery he takes for his negative antics during pressers and the pure gold they can provide, there are still some nuggets of gold in here for those with ears to hear. One reporter "saves the day" with his withdrawal symptom behavior in the final question where he asks about Quincy and Jesse. (grin)

A lot of nice things were said about players, and this song title seems to encapsulate how JB feels about Marek:

(I thought about the Cake version with the same title, but they played one Rocky theme during the game, so this seemed more appropriate)

Boeheim JOKES he didn't really see it when Marek showed him the "I'm tired" signal.

Last edited:
Buddy is the best shooter in the country...he is going to play and going to shoot

And it's sometimes not fair to him because he is my son.

But yeah, I'm not sure if Buddy will be happy with the pressure your quote put on him.

If he doesn't want pressure he shouldn't be playing for his father...it is what it is they both need to embrace it

I agree, but some still might consider what you quoted to be a bit over the top. Heck, some might not even realize it's a quote(or paraphrase), lol.

Even in the win, "We have to make shots."
There must be a clause in his contract that requires him to say that after every game.
Time to make up the t-shirts.

It was possibly listed in the #NeverAgainSU(tm) demands from this that he never again leave it out of a presser! #AlwaysRemember/NeverForget psychology. #NeverAgainBoeheim!

I agree, but some still might consider what you quoted to be a bit over the top. Heck, some might not even realize it's a quote(or paraphrase), lol.
wasn't a direct quote, but JB should back his player and back his son...

wasn't a direct quote, but JB should back his player and back his son...

I agree and you're correct. The quote was "He's the best shooter in the (ACC), and one of the best shooters in the country".

You might also be correct that Buddy might not mind that pressure from the presser. I don't claim to know...just working off of what my own preferences might be at this point in time, which I guess could color my view of things. I wish I had a world view like Buddy's that allowed me to be predisposed to smiling so much regardless of circumstance, as the announcers pointed out today! If it's at all genetic, it must be from Julie's side.

Even in the win, "We have to make shots."
There must be a clause in his contract that requires him to say that after every game.
Time to make up the t-shirts.

He isn't required to say it after a game where it wasn't true.

Buddy is the best shooter in the country...he is going to play and going to shoot

Huh. Is he even the best shooter on the team? Is Buddy ahead of Eli again?? I know he jumped him for like one game.

JB really is a huge fan of his kid!

Huh. Is he even the best shooter on the team? Is Buddy ahead of Eli again?? I know he jumped him for like one game.

Understanding the The Passion Of The Boeheim is not always easy. He has given off the appearance of playing favorites before Buddy, so it's possible he may have still liked him as much even if it were not his kin. I'm not saying that is necessarily the case, but think it is worth serious consideration.

He was very generous toward Joe And Marek in this presser as well. It kind of reminded me of seeing a favorite TV character out of their element for an episode.

Understanding the The Passion Of The Boeheim is not always easy. He has given off the appearance of playing favorites before Buddy, so it's possible he may have still liked him as much even if it were not his kin. I'm not saying that is necessarily the case, but think it is worth serious consideration.

He was very generous toward Joe And Marek in this presser as well. It kind of reminded me of seeing a favorite TV character out of their element for an episode.

:)

I know - it's just amusing as Eli has led the team (and by a decent margin until recently) almost all year, so the best in the conference statement is funny.

Especially as Eli (and JGIII) take a lot of threes, and deeper threes, with a pretty hefty level of difficulty attached to many of them in comparison to Buddy's attempts.

Okay, just checked, Eli was ahead coming in to today, so he extended that lead!

That being said, kid is a phenomenal shooter. I don't question that!

:)

I know - it's just amusing as Eli has led the team (and by a decent margin until recently) almost all year, so the best in the conference statement is funny.

Especially as Eli (and JGIII) take a lot of threes, and deeper threes, with a pretty hefty level of difficulty attached to many of them in comparison to Buddy's attempts.

Okay, just checked, Eli was ahead coming in to today, so he extended that lead!

That being said, kid is a phenomenal shooter. I don't question that!

Good post, and I thank you for your service in looking up the stats.

Food for thought, maybe those gentleman could learn something helpful from that example?

he didn’t say that

he didn’t say that

Unless one were to make the mistake of inferring that best in the league meant the best on the team as well. ;)

A person can truly love JB and still have fun joking about his pressers. It does not have to be one or the other, in my opinion.

There is a video where Hughes says that after every practice Hughes, Buddy, and JG3 have a shooting contest and Buddy always wins...If anyone can fine it please post it.

Whether you meant it or not, that also brings into the discussion that game stats are not the only measure of deeming someone the best shooter, which could potentially vindicate Coach in the eyes of anyone that thinks he needs such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom