JB's Presser after Wake | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Wake

I do not
Hold my beer.

images

I just got the chance to watch this so 'controversial' presser, what the hell is the problem? We won a game and the press like many posters here were acting like we lost the game. It was our second game in a row beating an ACC opponent with a severely limited bench, yet there were no positives? Not one question from the press about Tyler's great offensive performance nor Pascal's important contributions at the end etc. Nothing about Sidibe playing hurt but still making positive contributions? Nor no questions about a former walk on playing, giving SU important minutes to give a former reserve, Marek the ability to play major minutes? There have been plenty of positives achieved by this depleted team but it's not worthy of mention how we are squeezing out wins, competing hard against conference opponents?

What JB did was analyze the game and what I actually saw in person. He complimented Wake Forest. We made the correct adjustment, forcing Wake's guards inside to make mistakes vs forcing them to beat us on the outside in the end. Moyer and his parents' decision not to play right before the game forced more immediate adjustments, less options than they practiced all week - yet it was done and done successfully by the players and staff. I guess some people just love to complain and winning or losing, competing hard, with a team that has so far exceeded preseason expectations even without the injuries we have had , is totally irrelevant. I'm very happy that the team is much tougher than many of our supposed fans.

I just got the chance to watch this so 'controversial' presser, what the hell is the problem? We won a game and the press like many posters here were acting like we lost the game. It was our second game in a row beating an ACC opponent with a severely limited bench, yet there were no positives? Not one question from the press about Tyler's great offensive performance nor Pascal's important contributions at the end etc. Nothing about Sidibe playing hurt but still making positive contributions? Nor no questions about a former walk on playing, giving SU important minutes to give a former reserve, Marek the ability to play major minutes? There have been plenty of positives achieved by this depleted team but it's not worthy of mention how we are squeezing out wins, competing hard against conference opponents?

What JB did was analyze the game and what I actually saw in person. He complimented Wake Forest. We made the correct adjustment, forcing Wake's guards inside to make mistakes vs forcing them to beat us on the outside in the end. Moyer and his parents' decision not to play right before the game forced more immediate adjustments, less options than they practiced all week - yet it was done and done successfully by the players and staff. I guess some people just love to complain and winning or losing, competing hard, with a team that has so far exceeded preseason expectations even without the injuries we have had , is totally irrelevant. I'm very happy that the team is much tougher than many of our supposed fans.

I wish this site had a "love" button. "Like" seems so inadequate.

I’m not concerned with JB’s agiatation at these reporters, it’s classic JB. If the reporters would listen to what he is saying, instead of thinking about what they’re going to say, he wouldn’t have to deal with so many stupid and redundant questions.

My biggest concern about this presser were the comments about Moyer. He has been such a strong advocate for the program for so long, it appears the lack of playing time is wearing on him and his dad. Problems ahead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom