JB's Rant: Really, Really..c'mon and grow up (Reporters) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Rant: Really, Really..c'mon and grow up (Reporters)

Is he supposed to pretend he is happy, gracious and cuddly?

As perhaps the only person here who faced hostile media accusers on a regular basis s part of her job, I can attest that it gets tiresome and frustrating after a while. Did I occasionally "lose it" and say dumb things? Yes. But getting the same dumb questions over and over again... has a tendency to do that to people.

Now that I think about it, there are very few professions where a person DOESN'T have to address dumb questions over and over again... whether you're a teacher dealing with dumb kids, working at McDonalds with annoying customers, flight attendants dealing with annoying passengers, a politician dealing with voters, the CEO of a company dealing with a Board of Directors, consultants dealing with dumb clients, etc etc etc. I guess some people can maintain their composure and act cool, and others can't.

Now that I think about it, there are very few professions where a person DOESN'T have to address dumb questions over and over again... whether you're a teacher dealing with dumb kids, working at McDonalds with annoying customers, flight attendants dealing with annoying passengers, a politician dealing with voters, the CEO of a company dealing with a Board of Directors, consultants dealing with dumb clients, etc etc etc. I guess some people can maintain their composure and act cool, and others can't.

Or, after a point, you decide that you aren't going to take it any more. Instead of playing the game, you are going to start pointing out the little lies and mis-representations.

Or, after a point, you decide that you aren't going to take it any more. Instead of playing the game, you are going to start pointing out the little lies and mis-representations.
And then you end up like this:
stock-photo-9383042-homeless-man-will-work-for-food.jpg

I hear what your saying, but this presser was not a hostile environment nor were the reporters asking accusatory questions. I just don't agree with JB's parting shots at the BE. His comments about the BE at this presser - were and are 1000% correct but what good does it do kick the BE while on the way out? It's just plain stupid heading into the tourney. If your travelling to NYC for the BE, I would not plan on staying long as I'm pretty sure SU will see the same officiating they saw at Marq. Wrt to the NCAA tourney - look for SU to get shipped to MI or TX for a tough 4-5 match up in someone else's backyard with the winner being rewarded IU in Indy. No one (including the ACC) will be looking to do SU any "favors" on selection Sunday. Meanwhile, Pitt will be playing in Philly and Lville in Lexington and this board will wondering why we just got screwed by the committee again.
''
You need to remember that JB never wanted to leave the Big East. As he said if they had been smart enough to accept the 17M/school contract there would still be The Big East. It greatly upset him that there wasn't anymore BE and he was just chiding Providence gurus for it.
Most of us are very aware of the flawed team we have and we still support it. It's a shame you have such an acidic attitude when there is so much Syracuse basketball left.

And then you end up like this:
stock-photo-9383042-homeless-man-will-work-for-food.jpg
Depends where you are in your life and your career. If you are old enough, and have worked hard enough and have been lucky enough, you can chuck it all and play golf, or fish or travel (my weakness).

This isn't a strategy you want to pursue if you are 40 years old. But if you are an old guy like Boeheim and I, you can do it.

''
You need to remember that JB never wanted to leave the Big East. As he said if they had been smart enough to accept the 17M/school contract there would still be The Big East. It greatly upset him that there wasn't anymore BE and he was just chiding Providence gurus for it.
Most of us are very aware of the flawed team we have and we still support it. It's a shame you have such an acidic attitude when there is so much Syracuse basketball left.

I know JB's feelings about leaving the BE as I have been an SU fan for 39 years. As I wrote, I agree with what he said on the stupidity of not signing the deal as this is so obvious to anyone who follows sports so there is no need to mention it at a presser. JB was asked about his thoughts on playing in Milwaukee. He was not asked about his feelings on leaving the BE. Nonetheless, JB felt the need to take a cheap shot at the very people who will be representing us in the selection room (i.e. Big East Officials - not Providence gurus). I was just pointing out that nothing good can possibly come from this when seedings are announced. My attitude is fine and my support is still strong. It was just a dumb comment to make. If you feel otherwise, explain to me what good can possibly come from making that comment?

''

How does he have an acidic attitude when all he said was that JB does himself no favors when he loses his cool at a press conference? I wonder if you were a former long jumper in your day cuz you made a helluva leap there.

I hear what your saying, but this presser was not a hostile environment nor were the reporters asking accusatory questions. I just don't agree with JB's parting shots at the BE. His comments about the BE at this presser - were and are 1000% correct but what good does it do kick the BE while on the way out? It's just plain stupid heading into the tourney. If your travelling to NYC for the BE, I would not plan on staying long as I'm pretty sure SU will see the same officiating they saw at Marq. Wrt to the NCAA tourney - look for SU to get shipped to MI or TX for a tough 4-5 match up in someone else's backyard with the winner being rewarded IU in Indy. No one (including the ACC) will be looking to do SU any "favors" on selection Sunday. Meanwhile, Pitt will be playing in Philly and Lville in Lexington and this board will wondering why we just got screwed by the committee again.

You're right on both counts.
It it wasn't for Boeheim's silly comments it would have been a "snooze conference."
Some relevant questions but certainly not hostile.

And there's really no incentive for BE or ACC folks to lobby for the Orange.
It doesn't help them at all.

By the way...where are you in Hoboken?
I'm in SW.
And we have about the same frame of reference as Orange fans/sufferers.

Reporter: How many people who major in the same musical vineyard in which you toil, how many are protest singers? That is, people who use their music, and use the songs to protest the uh, social state in which we live today, the matter of war, the matter of crime, or whatever it might be.
Bob Dylan: Um... how many?
Reporter: Yes. How many?
Bob Dylan: Uh, I think there's about uh, 136.
[People around him giggle. The reporter doesn't laugh]
Reporter: You say ABOUT 136, or you mean exactly 136?
Bob Dylan: Uh, it's either 136 or 142.

Ah...Woolworths. Those were the days. I used to catch my bus going home from work right at that spot.

I haven't ever even been in a Woolworth but I just loved the pic. Im glad you remember that as it is in the pic