Jeff Hafley Watch... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Hafley Watch...

Hafley isn't in a much different situation as Dino was last year. Both guys were not hired by the current ADs, both were struggling after much fan fare out of the gates and both have good relationships with the school itself and handle themselves in a classy way.

My guess is Hafley survives this year and is given a Dino ultimatum where he is given more money to hire better assistants.

If they fire Hafley they have identified a Bob Chesney who they know will come and completely change things up and will be ok with this rebuild.

I think Hafley needs another year to figure out the O-Line, usually a BC strength. They need to rebuild it with the local bigs and then work the portal similar to how we have.

If they can afford it, he should be canned. He was hired to upgrade the talent (where is that?) and to get the team through the 7-6 (3-5) ceiling that Addazio was at.

If they can afford it, he should be canned. He was hired to upgrade the talent (where is that?) and to get the team through the 7-6 (3-5) ceiling that Addazio was at.
Agreed. I think he gets another year. The Northeast ACC teams like Syracuse tend to be patient with the trigger finger because the hope is a coach gets the program to a Tom O'Brien 8-4 plateau which affords one unlimited tenure.

teams all over are struggling , MSU does an extension and tanks... Kansas the talk of the world now needs an upset to get to 6. At least we got to 6 before getting beat up. Auburn fires their guy. Miami might come to game 12 to get to 6 wins. Iowa st need 3 upsets to get to 6.

Flor Tam probably decides which of those 2 has a bowl shot

BYU needs 2 of 3 to get to 6 when they were a dark horse NC contender

wisc is in trouble to get to 6 but they beat Purdue to give them a shot.

Hafley isn't in a much different situation as Dino was last year. Both guys were not hired by the current ADs, both were struggling after much fan fare out of the gates and both have good relationships with the school itself and handle themselves in a classy way.

My guess is Hafley survives this year and is given a Dino ultimatum where he is given more money to hire better assistants.

If they fire Hafley they have identified a Bob Chesney who they know will come and completely change things up and will be ok with this rebuild.

I think Hafley needs another year to figure out the O-Line, usually a BC strength. They need to rebuild it with the local bigs and then work the portal similar to how we have.
Dino showed more proof of concept in his first 3 years than Hafley has. More built up good will on the field combined with the good rep on campus and with media.

Think he’s in a worse spot than at any time in Dino’s tenure

Boston College Twitter...

This guy’s Twitter feed is incredible. Some great commercial reading for our game.

I went to the US Open (golf) near Boston this past summer and wore my SU half zip pullover one day. A couple BC guys saw me and yelled "Syracuse what a poverty school" and "Jim Boeheim is a murderer" then walked away before I yelled back at them.

Safe to say, I'm happy with BC being terrible this year and I hope SU kicks their teeth in.

They genuinely think that their basketball team is a tournament team this season. It’s hilarious. And their hockey team sucks.

It never gets old as a Cuse/UMass guy

Their OL has been DECIMATED by injuries. I’m not saying everyone doesn’t deal with them, but it’s tough to score points when you can’t get snaps off.

Keep him until year end. I don’t want the BC players having extra motivation that last game.

I went to the US Open (golf) near Boston this past summer and wore my SU half zip pullover one day. A couple BC guys saw me and yelled "Syracuse what a poverty school" and "Jim Boeheim is a murderer" then walked away before I yelled back at them.

Safe to say, I'm happy with BC being terrible this year and I hope SU kicks their teeth in.
It is not their teeth SU will be kicking.

Keep him until year end. I don’t want the BC players having extra motivation that last game.
We will have problems in that one w the roster that is left. You guys are funny. We are bc w a good start at this point. Attrition University

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom