Jeff Stoudtland | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Stoudtland

OrangePA

Living Legend
I am going to suggest it again.

He knows SU Football culture.

He was a very good recruiter.

He has worked for Michigan State, Miami and for the past few years has been the Assistant HC under Nick Saban at Alabama.

He is regarded as the program's best recruiter.

He is an OL coach by trade - they seem to make very good HCs.

And he loves SU Football.

Can you imagine the splash it would make with everybody if SU were to hire the number one assistant for the the multiple NC Alabama Crimson Tide???!!!

Jeff Stoudtland brings everything we need to the Hill - a strong familiarity with the school and the program - great recruiting credential - in both the NE and the south and the wow factor of hiring Nick Saban's guy.

He's the pick.

Before I read on him would he leave Saban?

I didn't realize he was at Alabama. These guys job hop so often.

Interesting candidate.

interesting name, wouldn't be top of the list though

One of the nation's most respected offensive line coaches, Jeff Stoutland is in his second season at Alabama after serving as the offensive line coach at Miami from 2007-10. Stoutland, who was the interim head coach for the Hurricanes in the 2010 Sun Bowl, earlier spent 14 years as an assistant coach at Miami, Michigan State and Syracuse.
Stoutland's 2012 offensive line unit is widely regarded as the nation's best. The offensive front features two first-team All-Americans in Barrett Jones and Chance Warmack. Jones became Alabama's first Rimington Trophy winner as the nation's top center. The unit has helped the Crimson Tide rank 20th nationally in rushing with 224.6 yards per game and 15th in scoring offense at 38.5 points per game. The Alabama offensive line boasts 165 career starts heading into the 2013 BCS National Championship game.
In 2011, Stoutland's offensive line helped pave the way for Heisman Trophy finalist Trent Richardson while allowing the second-fewest sacks in the SEC, giving up only 17 all season. The veteran duo of left tackle Barrett Jones and center William Vlachos, both named first team all-SEC, had combined for 76 starts in their Crimson Tide careers. Jones was awarded the Outland Trophy, becoming the third to receive the award in program history, while Vlachos was one of six finalists for the Rimington Award, presented to the nation's best center. Jones was a first team Walter Camp All-American while Vlachos earned second team recognition. Also honored for his performance on the offensive line was guard Chance Warmack, a second team All-SEC selection.
With the Hurricanes, Stoutland helped Miami lead the ACC in total offense (421.3 ypg) and finish third in rushing (182.5 ypg). Brandon Washington was a first team all-ACC selection at guard and tackle Orlando Franklin was a second team honoree. Frankling was a 2011 second-round NFL Draft pick of the Baltimore Ravens who started every game of his rookie season and developed into one of the league's best run blockers. In 2009, tackle Jason Fox earned first team all-conference honors and was selected by the Detroit Lions in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. Before heading to Miami, Stoutland spent the previous seven seasons (2000-06) at Michigan State. He produced six all-Big Ten selections during his tenure and seven Spartans earned Academic All-Big Ten honors. In 2005, the Michigan State line paved the way for the nation's No. 5 offense, No. 11 pass offense and No. 20 rush offense. The 2004 MSU offense ranked second in the Big Ten and No. 10 in the NCAA in rushing, with eight 200-yard rushing games. That line also led the Big Ten in fewest sacks allowed (eight). The Michigan State line helped running back T.J. Duckett produce back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons in 2000 and 2011.
Stoutland was an assistant at Syracuse (1997-99) for three years under Paul Pasqualoni, coaching the tight ends for two years before taking over the offensive line in 1999. He also served as the recruiting coordinator for all three seasons and Syracuse played in bowl games in each of those years. In 1999, he coached first team all-Big East offensive tackle Mark Baniewicz, who also earned the National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete Award and GTE Academic All-America honors. During his stint as tight ends coach, Stoutland helped produce two NFL players, including Roland Williams (Oakland Raiders) and Kaseem Sinceno (Philadelphia Eagles and Chicago Bears).
Stoutland earlier spent five years as offensive line coach at Cornell (1992-96). He guided center Greg Bloedorn to first team all-Ivy League honors in 1995 and a three-year stint with the NFL's Seattle Seahawks (1997-99).
His full-time coaching credits include two stints at his alma mater, Southern Connecticut State, where he served as offensive coordinator for five years (1988-92) and coached inside linebackers for two seasons (1984-85). The New York City native also served as a graduate assistant for Dick MacPherson for two years at Syracuse (1986-87), working primarily with the offensive line.
Stoutland was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at inside linebacker at Southern Connecticut State (1980-83), where he was a team captain as a senior. He earned his bachelor's degree in physical education in 1984 and added a master's degree in exercise physiology from the school in 1986. He and his wife Allison, who is a published author of children's books, have two children, Jake and Madison.

I am going to suggest it again.

He knows SU Football culture.

He was a very good recruiter.

He has worked for Michigan State, Miami and for the past few years has been the Assistant HC under Nick Saban at Alabama.

He is regarded as the program's best recruiter.

He is an OL coach by trade - they seem to make very good HCs.

And he loves SU Football.

Can you imagine the splash it would make with everybody if SU were to hire the number one assistant for the the multiple NC Alabama Crimson Tide???!!!

Jeff Stoudtland brings everything we need to the Hill - a strong familiarity with the school and the program - great recruiting credential - in both the NE and the south and the wow factor of hiring Nick Saban's guy.

He's the pick.

I thought the SCMafia was persona nongrata around here.

Hate to be a neg around here, there are plenty, but he's never been anything but an OL coach other than the Sunbowl. If he had a plan and a staff that can recruit, not a bad choice, but I'd rather go with Hackett or Shafer if that's the level.

Don't know if he is the best but I wouldn't mind us taking a look.

If there have been 53 (or 55?) head coaching changes in the past two years, why jump to go to Syracuse?
The guy's got a seriously good resume. There's a fairly good chance that he's not going to pull a Marrone and just take any job that he's offered.

I thought the SCMafia was persona nongrata around here.

Hate to be a neg around here, there are plenty, but he's never been anything but an OL coach other than the Sunbowl. If he had a plan and a staff that can recruit, not a bad choice, but I'd rather go with Hackett or Shafer if that's the level.

Andy Reid, Vince Lombardi, Doug Marrone - all OL coaches - never had HC experience before they were hired.

I really think he's the guy.

If there have been 53 (or 55?) head coaching changes in the past two years, why jump to go to Syracuse?
The guy's got a seriously good resume. There's a fairly good chance that he's not going to pull a Marrone and just take any job that he's offered.

Because he loves Syracuse University and I suspect wants the job.

Your list?
I have given it all weekend. It's out there if you read the board. But to save ya time (not in any special order)

Mark Whipple
Manny Diaz
Mario Cristobal
Hackett or Schafer

A few interesting tidbits.

He's from New York City.

He was the recruiting coordinator at Syracuse.

I think internal is the way to go right now but he's a seriously strong candidate.

And I don't want to hear the P ties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom