Jeopardy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jeopardy

Their is a TV screen for the contestants to read the clues. Next to that are lights that go from Red they can’t buzz in, to green they can buzz in. Once it turns green the contestants can buzz in. It’s a science and buzzing in fast is a skill.
Ken’s advantage is he’s skilled at buzzing in fast. Sometimes for even knows the answer. He will read the question after buzzing as buzzing in fast is more important.
They also get locked out briefly if they buzz in too soon.

Something occurred to me during the last episode, when Trebek was asking them about how they prepare. Ken pointed out how he got a question right because he did a podcast on that particular subject. So I can’t help but wonder if this whole thing is rigged, or at least set up to favor Ken.

Brad is playing so bad, it’s as if he’s tanking. And he’s somehow getting most of the Daily Doubles, especially at the beginning of Double Jeopardy. Daily Doubles are a huge part of James’ strategy, and that’s been neutralized. What’s preventing the producers from hitting a button that triggers a Daily Double on demand?

James essentially broke Jeopardy, so he’s the villain in the eyes of the producers. Brad doesn’t need to win this. He’ll still be the biggest money winner and he’s bested Ken plenty of times already. And Ken is the poster boy of the show, who usually struggles in these all-star competitions. He’s due and he’s the guy the producers want (even need) to win.

And you know they’re going to do this again. Ken as returning GOAT would be the best storyline.

I am very surprised the outcome hasn't leaked yet. Maybe before the final game.

I am very surprised the outcome hasn't leaked yet. Maybe before the final game.
Isn’t tomorrow’s episode the only one listed on the TV schedule for this week? I figure that’s a big clue.

Isn’t tomorrow’s episode the only one listed on the TV schedule for this week? I figure that’s a big clue.
My DVR has shows Tuesday-Thursday.

Friday as well.
I see Jeopardy on at 8pm.
That's what I was expecting (like how they add "if necessary" for playoff series games), so I was surprised when I heard only Tuesday was on the schedule. I don't want Ken to win.

That's what I was expecting (like how they add "if necessary" for playoff series games), so I was surprised when I heard only Tuesday was on the schedule. I don't want Ken to win.
Looks as if that person's cable system got early notice of the results
1579053618900.gif

i didnt get the strategy in the last game ending? what was i missing in why they did what they did?

i didnt get the strategy in the last game ending? what was i missing in why they did what they did?
James had to basically go all in for final jeopardy to beat Ken. So Ken's wager in Final was basically meaningless. Turns out it didn't matter since James got it wrong.

After the first game tonight it looked like KJ was going to win but JH came back strong in the second game and could have won with a right answer. It really is a shame that the final jeopardy category - Shakespeare - favored KJ and not JH. A different category and it's probably tied 2 games a piece with BR sitting at 0.

James had to basically go all in for final jeopardy to beat Ken. So Ken's wager in Final was basically meaningless. Turns out it didn't matter since James got it wrong.
i think my math was off..

Last edited:
I particularly enjoyed some of the quips and comments from the contestatnts, particularly from James. For example, at the start of Double Jeopardy last night, he sarcastically commented about the "0" under Brad, that they forgot to remove his Round 1 score.

I'm glad they allowed the contestants some leeway (the usual format seems to be for them not to speak unless spoken to). It made the show much more entertaining and softened some of the competitive edge between the contestants.

I particularly enjoyed some of the quips and comments from the contestatnts, particularly from James. For example, at the start of Double Jeopardy last night, he sarcastically commented about the "0" under Brad, that they forgot to remove his Round 1 score.

I'm glad they allowed the contestants some leeway (the usual format seems to be for them not to speak unless spoken to). It made the show much more entertaining and softened some of the competitive edge between the contestants.
I think it should be that way going forward, makes for better TV.

After the first game tonight it looked like KJ was going to win but JH came back strong in the second game and could have won with a right answer. It really is a shame that the final jeopardy category - Shakespeare - favored KJ and not JH. A different category and it's probably tied 2 games a piece with BR sitting at 0.
Rigged.

Jeopardy Masters wrapped up tonight. $500,000 to the winner. No spoil alert but the final three were James Holzhauer, Mattea Roach and Matt Amodio.

Last edited:
fitting that its won on proper betting strategy when so often people do that simple thing wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom