Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

If he can do this all year, I would think only Carmelo and Bing would have NBA seasons averaging more than 24 ppg as far as Orangemen. Would be nice company to join.
I did a quick check on Derrick Coleman’s NBA career, I thought maybe he had a season or two in that range during a 14 year career... his 3rd season in 1992 averaged 20.7, his personal highest

If he can do this all year, I would think only Carmelo and Bing would have NBA seasons averaging more than 24 ppg as far as Orangemen. Would be nice company to join.
He's essentially having the average Denver/NY Carmelo season.

I’m torn on whether to give this post a like considering, as an SU fan, I love seeing Jerami do well but I’m also a Nets fan. At least they beat the Pacers to get back on track and get KD back this weekend. If only they could play an ounce of defense.

He’s a pro. #1 job is to earn a living. Winning over money is a luxury for those who have made their money already.
Exactly. Carmelo returning to the Knicks is the example I’d use for money over winning

I’m happy for Jeremiah, but he’s gone from one of the best teams in the league to the absolute worst. So much for winning as a priority. 43 points and still lost to lowly Chicago.
Can't argue with that, but at the same time I think Detroit has some good pieces in place, and are looking for more (trading D.Rose and likely B.Griffin as well). They are competitive in most of their losses whether it is to a good or a bad team. The next step is to consistently beat the teams they are near on-level with, and go from there.

Of course, he could become so good that he becomes a high-value trade asset, too, and furthers Detroit's efforts in "the process." (I'm getting a little tired of that term, personally)

Exactly. Carmelo returning to the Knicks is the example I’d use for money over winning

Except... the “winning over money” option was the Bulls.

Who promptly imploded when all their best players got injured.

Melo & the Knicks could have had both, IF they didn’t trade for him and just waited to sign him after that last season in Denver ended.

Such a Knicks thing to do.

He’s a pro. #1 job is to earn a living. Winning over money is a luxury for those who have made their money already.

I don't disagree, but he turned down the same money from Denver that Detroit offered him. That being said, getting to be the alpha in Detroit may very well earn him a lot more money on that next contract than playing 6th man in Denver would have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom