Jerami Grant: Trailblazers | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Trailblazers

Yeah, will be interesting to see what happens there.

If Scoot is as good as many are saying AND is ready to be good right away, they could actually be pretty good though?

Dame, Scoot, and Simons could be a great backcourt, then you’ve got Grant and some young and athletic wings who should be ready to come into their own(Thybulle, Reddish).

They could be a big guy away from being really good?
Agreed. But are they championship level good? Put Dame on the "right" team, and they're instant contenders. I could see the Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Spurs(?) et al, all bidding for his services.
The Bucks bought in a veteran Oscar Robertson to usher in the Lew Alcindor era. Why not give up pieces for "Dame to San Antonio", and jump start the Wemby era?
Nurkic is really good, do they still have him? With that backcourt, Jerami and Nurkic, that is a really good lineup.

I wonder what kind of shoe contract or other endorsements he has, or will get going forward.

I have to laugh at people that don’t understand why a guy like Jeremy Grant can sign a contract like that. $30M/year with the current salary cap is about the minimum any guy in the NBA averaging 20+ ppg is gonna get. This isn’t 1998 anymore. The salary cap has more than quadrupled since then.

Last edited:
I have to laugh at people that don’t understand why a guy like Jeremy Grant can sign a contract like that. $30M/year with the current salary cap is about the minimum any guy in the NBA averaging 20+ ppg is gonna get. This isn’t 1998 anymore.
Right?

20 ppg, shoots the 3 at 35-40% on high volume, versatile defender, and in his prime at age 28. Of course he’s going to get paid.

I have to laugh at people that don’t understand why a guy like Jeremy Grant can sign a contract like that. $30M/year with the current salary cap is about the minimum any guy in the NBA averaging 20+ ppg is gonna get. This isn’t 1998 anymore.
To me, Less about grant getting that much vs what Portland is trying to accomplish. With Lillard now demanding a trade, I guess they just wanted to give Scoot a decent vet for him to play off of? But they will almost def be one of the worst teams in the west

To me, Less about grant getting that much vs what Portland is trying to accomplish. With Lillard now demanding a trade, I guess they just wanted to give Scoot a decent vet for him to play off of? But they will almost def be one of the worst teams in the west
Very possibly, and frankly might be a good move?

These teams who tank and just have a bunch of young scrub idiots with no legit vets are probably playing with fire. Your guys that you need to develop gotta have something to work with to help them out.

Right?

20 ppg, shoots the 3 at 35-40% on high volume, versatile defender, and in his prime at age 28. Of course he’s going to get paid.

Honestly, I think a good comp for Grant is Michael Finley. Similar offensive stats. Both versatile defenders. Finley signed a 5 year/$42M extension in 1998. The salary cap was $30M that year. It’ll be $136M in 23/24 - 4.5 times higher than 98/99. So if the cap was that high in ‘98, Finley’s contract would’ve been $189M.

Yeah honestly I thought them re-signing Grant was a good sign that Dame was content with staying. Apparently not. I’m with you though, if they don’t have Dame, they should be tanking, so why sign a good player like Grant to a deal like that? Just sign a bunch of guys to two year deals with a team option on year two in order to meet the salary floor. Unless they are delusional enough to think they will get equal value bavk for Dame (they won’t).

Yeah honestly I thought them re-signing Grant was a good sign that Dame was content with staying. Apparently not. I’m with you though, if they don’t have Dame, they should be tanking, so why sign a good player like Grant to a deal like that? Just sign a bunch of guys to two year deals with a team option on year two in order to meet the salary floor. Unless they are delusional enough to think they will get equal value bavk for Dame (they won’t).

Not fully convinced they will tank. Will be interesting to see what they can get for him but Portland still has some interesting pieces around Grant and Scoot. Next years draft is weaker overall to go with.

Not fully convinced they will tank. Will be interesting to see what they can get for him but Portland still has some interesting pieces around Grant and Scoot. Next years draft is weaker overall to go with.

I see that the rumor (that they probably put out there) is they are expecting a star in return. To that I say good luck, sirs.

I see that the rumor (that they probably put out there) is they are expecting a star in return. To that I say good luck, sirs.

I don't think that's a smart play. Know your market... they've got some serious young talent that could breakout. Get a nice haul like Denver did for Melo.

Portland may also be signing Grant to this deal with the understanding that he's a trade asset shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom