Jerome Smith To NFL ??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jerome Smith To NFL ???

Pretty big news, with Moore being a potential transfer guy and Edwards looking sketchy at best to make it here, this is huge for SU.

Doesn't Jerome have two years left? I thought he redshirted freshman year in 2010?

he has 1 year left unless he applies for and receives a waiver from the one year where he played in a couple of games and then lost the season due to injury. Those waivers rarely happen though.

Pretty big news, with Moore being a potential transfer guy and Edwards looking sketchy at best to make it here, this is huge for SU.

Did anybody really think he was leaving? Jerome did a nice job this year, but he's not an NFL back (atleast not yet). The running game was mostly a product of our best offensive line in a couple decades.

I like Jerome a lot, and PTG had a great bowl game. Of course our line was very good, but the backs have skill too.

Not sure about their NFL prospects, but from watching the Redskins/Seahawks game, I was thinking that Jerome kinda reminds me of an Alfred Morris type back..

He would get the waiver. it doesnt rarely happen it happens almost all the time.

he has 1 year left unless he applies for and receives a waiver from the one year where he played in a couple of games and then lost the season due to injury. Those waivers rarely happen though.

Ahh right, I forgot about that

Yeah, the backs had nothing to do with it.

They are both decent backs. Decent. Neither are Delone Carter or even Walter Reyes or even Antwon Bailey. The OL was the biggest factor in our finish and ultimate success this year.

And I'm sorry to break it to you, but you don't break out 44 for Jerome Smith. Dream crushing, i know.

Did anybody really think he was leaving? Jerome did a nice job this year, but he's not an NFL back (atleast not yet). The running game was mostly a product of our best offensive line in a couple decades.

If the Jameson kid from RU can declare then Smith declaring is not out of the realm of possibility. While I agree with your statement It would have been the first time a kid made a mistake.

IMO, he reached his ceiling. His carries are sure to be less next season. His stock could be at its highest now. Although I don't see him as an nfl back

If the Jameson kid from RU can declare then Smith declaring is not out of the realm of possibility. While I agree with your statement It would have been the first time a kid made a mistake.

No question, he seems liek a kid with a good head on his shoulders though. Never really felt concerned that he would bolt. Nice to have good depth so I'm glad he's back especially considering the fact that Gus Edwards may leave.

No question, he seems liek a kid with a good head on his shoulders though. Never really felt concerned that he would bolt. Nice to have good depth so I'm glad he's back especially considering the fact that Gus Edwards may leave.

I wasnt overally concerned but with the coaching change you never know how a kid can react. Having him back will be huge for depth purposes and the overral running game.

This thread - (in this case used symbolically)..

Is my own working theory on why DM wanted so badly to leave the college ranks. "Hey Look - 'rome Smith took a dump. Let's see what color it is so we can figure out what he had for dinner last night, and from that figure out where he was last night, and from that figure out whether we are going to win the ACC next year."

Yeah, this sort of maniacal interest never happens among NFL fans...

:crazy:

rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg

An Alfred Morris comparison may not be that crazy. They both have very similar running styles and are built very similarly.

Morris is 5'10 218, Smith is 6'0 217. At last year's combine, Morris ran a 4.67. A decent time for a RB and definitely an attainable time for Smith when he trains to get there.

RB's have, potentially, the shortest careers out of all pro football players. Jerome has exactly as many career carries as Alred Morris had in his Sr year at FAU - 235.

Having his carries limited may actually be a good thing for his career. NFL teams don't need to see a guy carry the rock 800 times to know he can play.

If our solid line play continues, I can see Smith being a late draft pick down the road.

Yeah, this sort of maniacal interest never happens among NFL fans...

:crazy:

agree, but take the discomfort we all feel towards the deification of 17 year olds choosing a college, and then slowly sprinkle in the loss of innocence of the college experience, including all the butt smooching required of recruiting, the self-proclaimed responsibility of molding men in an environment where that is increasingly difficult, and finally the explosion of social media over the past 5-7 years, making privacy at any level an anachronism, and I think you have a toxic brew for a guy like Marrone.

I think he thought he would be getting Mac's old job, but along the way he realized the world had changed dramatically.

There never was any innocence in the NFL, so nothing can be lamented.

(Then again, it could just be about the money.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom