Jerome Smith | Syracusefan.com

Jerome Smith

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
Bailey is playing well, +100 yards (having success) and you put Smith in a critical situation to pick up the first? Struggling to understand that...

no more than being up 10 and having first down inside the 5 and throwing in traffic to Kyle Foster...:mad:

Needed a big body to try moving the line against the goaline defense. I would have done the same thing due to the fact that Macky can't move the line on a play like that.

Still dying to see Adonis Ameen-Moore.

I guess he's just out of shape this year.

Bailey put the finishing touches on this loss with his fumble, and ALMOST put the finishing touches on the WF game with his fumble then. He is good at his own thing, but unfortunately we no longer get to use him in that role. I don't care if he is getting 100 a game, I do not believe that one run 0f 50 helps us nearly as much as it would if he could get his yards more consistently.

Bailey put the finishing touches on this loss with his fumble, and ALMOST put the finishing touches on the WF game with his fumble then. He is good at his own thing, but unfortunately we no longer get to use him in that role. I don't care if he is getting 100 a game, I do not believe that one run 0f 50 helps us nearly as much as it would if he could get his yards more consistently.
I've never thought Bailey was capable of being an every down back. He was a great compliment to DC3, but so far hasn't shown he can do it on his own.

We are in big trouble if either Smith or Adonis don't get it going. Big, Big trouble.

Still dying to see Adonis Ameen-Moore.

I guess he's just out of shape this year.

People are dying to see this kid and I don't understand why. Have others seen him play in practice? Is he the next "44?" If he had the abilities to show on the field, I'm sure he would have been put on. Marrone's the guy that wants to win every game (ie. putting in Paulus instead of Nassib even though Nassib was our future) and if AAM had the skills, he'd be playing now.

better to redshirt him now
With PTG out for the season, I'm not sure that's a realistic option.

Steven Rene certainly isn't the answer at RB.

This is where some of our non-qualifiers really hurts us. We needed a Dominic Timbers or Smallwood out there for another option at RB.

If we dont bring in a Juco rb stud we are fed next year

People are dying to see this kid and I don't understand why. Have others seen him play in practice? Is he the next "44?" If he had the abilities to show on the field, I'm sure he would have been put on. Marrone's the guy that wants to win every game (ie. putting in Paulus instead of Nassib even though Nassib was our future) and if AAM had the skills, he'd be playing now.
I'm dying to see him because I'm not impressed with anybody else. He's our last hope. If he can't play we're S.O.L.

It's not like we have a 4star RB committed for next season. Our skill position players are rapidly approaching mediocrity.

I've never thought Bailey was capable of being an every down back. He was a great compliment to DC3, but so far hasn't shown he can do it on his own.

We are in big trouble if either Smith or Adonis don't get it going. Big, Big trouble.

Me neither... but there certainly were a lot around here last year... and they have been very quiet lately.

You don't understand why?? He was our top recruit for this year. I'm SICK of seeing Bailey up the middle for no gain!! Hackett's philosophy is supposed to be smash mouthed football. "When in doubt give it to a back." BS!! What so you get a good run out of every 30 carries for Bailey and say wow, look at his stats???? How in the hell do you know what you have if you don't play him?? What do you have to lose?? Hackett should be ashamed of himself to get on the radio and say AD is going to play and then not play him! As a coach you're supposed to be teaching teenagers to be men. How can you do that when your word is no good?? He's been deemed in very good shape right now and ready to go. There's something else I guess. And I don't want to hear it's the old "game situation didn't dictate him playing" either.

Boy those closed practices really resulted in some real surprises on offense.

What was that all about?

Boy those closed practices really resulted in some real surprises on offense.

What was that all about?

I honestly don't think Marrone is in a good place mentally right now. Don't take this as a "fire Marrone" post... I am being honest, I think he has psyched himself out so much that he is losing it. He has himself believing that every game is do or die, and that every opponent is a leviathan. I honestly think we are just as good or better than every team we have played outside of USC, but his fear of losing ground has caused us to paint ourselves into corners on the field, and very strange behavior off of it. Whatever the reason, it needs to end. He doesn't get the fact that winning ISN'T the most important thing right now. He has led us back to respectability, a great conquest by the Chosen One... but if he doesn't now focus on fun football, and transition from the grind, we will not get past the drudgery that Coach P left us with.

If we dont bring in a Juco rb stud we are fed next year

"Juco stud RB" HAHAHAHAHA

If there is a JUCO stud rb, he's not coming here.

I honestly don't think Marrone is in a good place mentally right now. Don't take this as a "fire Marrone" post... I am being honest, I think he has psyched himself out so much that he is losing it. He has himself believing that every game is do or die, and that every opponent is a leviathan. I honestly think we are just as good or better than every team we have played outside of USC, but his fear of losing ground has caused us to paint ourselves into corners on the field, and very strange behavior off of it. Whatever the reason, it needs to end. He doesn't get the fact that winning ISN'T the most important thing right now. He has led us back to respectability, a great conquest by the Chosen One... but if he doesn't now focus on fun football, and transition from the grind, we will not get past the drudgery that Coach P left us with.
One thing that worries me alongside what you mentioned is that Marrone must be placing an unbelievable amount of pressure on himself. Getting your dream job is great.

Failing at your dream job though? Yikes.

I'm not saying Marrone is failing, I'm just saying that it would be very concerning if on top of the challenges the program is facing he's also feeling the squeeze to perform internally.

Bailey is playing well, +100 yards (having success) and you put Smith in a critical situation to pick up the first? Struggling to understand that...
I think you have to live and die with Bailey unfortunately and I don't understand why Smith was brought in in that situation. Nor do I understand the 1st and goal slant pass call, regardless of who was supposed to be on the receiving end of that intercepted ball.

I don't normally get this frustrated at all but I am incredibly frustrated with the playcalling today. The playcalling at critical spots, the kicking nightmare and being given the ball 3 times inside Rutgers' 30 with nothing to show for it is what lost this game.

One thing that worries me alongside what you mentioned is that Marrone must be placing an unbelievable amount of pressure on himself. Getting your dream job is great.

Failing at your dream job though? Yikes.

I'm not saying Marrone is failing, I'm just saying that it would be very concerning if on top of the challenges the program is facing he's also feeling the squeeze to perform internally.

Agree... told my uncle that unless things change, when he leaves it won't be due to being fired, it won't be due to taking a new job, and it won't be due to retirement... it'll be due to a coronary.

"Juco stud RB" HAHAHAHAHA

If there is a JUCO stud rb, he's not coming here.

Well than we are --ed because we dont have a true RB on the team at this point

I think you have to live and die with Bailey unfortunately and I don't understand why Smith was brought in in that situation. Nor do I understand the 1st and goal slant pass call, regardless of who was supposed to be on the receiving end of that intercepted ball.

I don't normally get this frustrated at all but I am incredibly frustrated with the playcalling today. The playcalling at critical spots, the kicking nightmare and being given the ball 3 times inside Rutgers' 30 with nothing to show for it is what lost this game.

I don't think you have to live and die with Bailey... I think you can put in Jerome to take ten or twelve carries and get back to using Bailey more like he was last year. But you can't just put in Jerome for three carries in 5 games and expect a presence.

I don't think you have to live and die with Bailey... I think you can put in Jerome to take ten or twelve carries and get back to using Bailey more like he was last year. But you can't just put in Jerome for three carries in 5 games and expect a presence.
That's one of the things I think people aren't considering - the way we're employing Bailey the offense isn't left to jusy replace Carter from last season, it's being asked to replace Carter and Bailey with Ant now being used in a different and arguably less effective way, with pretty much nobody behind him.

Ok, so you're completely writing off Prince Tyson Gulley even though he's looked very good in his time this year, Jerome Smith even though you haven't seen him play much, Ameen Moore who hasn't played yet, and Tyree Smallwood/Devante McFarlane who get here in the fall... Running back is the easiest position for a freshman to step into right away, I'm sure we'll be ok. Take a step off the ledge.

So, AAM isn't a true RB because he's not ready to contribute as a true frosh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom