Jerry Palm has SU in as an 11 seed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm has SU in as an 11 seed

Looking at the last 8 or so in and out you realize that if those teams are being considered we are likely in right now. If we win these two on the road we are in great shape and headed toward being a single digit seed.

Looking at the last 8 or so in and out you realize that if those teams are being considered we are likely in right now. If we win these two on the road we are in great shape and headed toward being a single digit seed.

I agree with you, until you get to the part about being a single digit seed.

Well, with Clemson as one of the last four in, an SU victory tomorrow night should have Lunardi changing his tune.

Sure, but the mere fact he has Clemson in over us right now is ludicrous. yes, we have a couple really bad losses, but we have more wins, more Top 25 wins and a much better ACC record.

I would have Clemson above us as well. ACC Record by itself is a meaningless number --- it's the entire body of work. Of course the lower or better the ACC W/L record the worse / better your individual results will look in key games.

While we have more top 25 wins, they have more in the 26-100 category (including quality road and neutral wins) and no two less bad losses.

But the margin is close enough that it totally swings if we beat them tomorrow.

Joe Lunardi has us as the #8 team OUT of the tournament,

View attachment 88710

Should we have really expected anything different?

I would have Wake Forest and Illinois St as out. Not sure who the two teams I would replace them. The bottom is very bunched. I would give those final two spots to two of the following: Syracuse, Georgetown, Cal, Tennessee

1. Lunardi hates SU (has a vendetta against SU fans)
2. Lunardi is focusing on bad loses...committee will focus on good wins, they always do.

That's because we make him look like an idiot when we bust his brackets.

I would have Clemson above us as well. ACC Record by itself is a meaningless number --- it's the entire body of work. Of course the lower or better the ACC W/L record the worse / better your individual results will look in key games.

While we have more top 25 wins, they have more in the 26-100 category (including quality road and neutral wins) and no two less bad losses.

But the margin is close enough that it totally swings if we beat them tomorrow.
Which is why we need to beat Clemson. You or I could concoct an unlikely, but reasonable, scenario where the result is looked back upon as a play-in game.

Jerry Palm must have gotten teased a lot in school.

LOL. Pretty sure his nickname was "Rosey." :p

Speaking of which, one of my fraternity brothers when I was pledging had the last name Stickles. Everybody called him "Tess".
Embarrassed to say, it took a little while before it finally sunk in why that was his nickname. ;)

I really want to see us win a road game where we don't need an historically great outside shooting performance. That will be the official sign to me that we have arrived.
we need road wins for the resume, but this team is only going to go as far as it's outside shooting takes it; gutting out a win against a mediocre team - even on the road - isn't going to change that.

I agree with you, until you get to the part about being a single digit seed.

Its not much of a stretch and I said on our way if we win these two road games. We would be 17-9 and 9-4 with 3 road wins and wins against FSU/UVA. Finishing 3-2 from there is 20-11/12-6 that not a double digit seed. It would still mean beating Gtech twice and beating either Duke or Lville at home which is no easy task.

upload_2017-2-6_12-49-50.jpg

Sounds about right. We would be somewhere around there,

We have no margin for error however. 4-3 would probably be fine given the remaining quality of the scheduke, but 3-4 could be problematic.
4-3 gets it done. Even if those 4 wins are Pitt clemson and 2 GA tech. Would be three road wins.

Just gotta find a way to go 4-3.

What the hell does "More" mean? More proof?

Joe, as of today, we're in whether you like it or not.

That was prior to the Virginia game. Just odd he would have us move up one spot after a top ten win. I took it as the next four out after the first eight he listed

4-3 gets it done. Even if those 4 wins are Pitt clemson and 2 GA tech. Would be three road wins.

Just gotta find a way to go 4-3.

i agree. 4-3 will get us in no matter who those wins are against.

11 acc wins is the magic #. acc is best conference in the country, they cant leave out a team that goes 11-7 in it.