Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they land Dickerson or another big that is comparable to Jesse I would agree, but if we don’t get anyone I got a real problem losing out over a couple hundred thousand.
Prices are only going to keep going up in years to come.
We have 2 chances to get Dickerson. Slim and fat.

Ehhhh, wasn’t exactly rosy here during his career. Made the tournament once and then three years battling to get to .500.

Yeah I wasn't necessarily speaking to team success. Honestly in terms of style of play Kansas makes a world more sense than WVU. Will be a tough adjustment.

I hope it doesn’t work out.

Leave the Cuse at your own risk, and suck somewhere else. That needs to be the message going forward.
Yeah, he got his degree. He’s an adult now.

I guess you’re going to be ok with terrible teams from now on.
Im saying that id be ok with. There’s players, and will be players, that SU will pay a lot that I may or may not agree with.

People gotta understand. The moneys there. But because its there doesnt mean you have to spend a large amount of it on someone who does not help you get closer to a postseason or championship

I'm not sure we are going to get anyone better than Hima.

We have 3 centers on scholarship still might have to bank on them being ready and going a little smaller.

Exactly.
Not hard to read between the BS he answered with.
His comments were totally lame but that's consistent with his portal recruiting "process". He actually reminded me of Marvin Barnes (a player Jesse will never be as good as) saying that if the NBA wouldn't pay what he thinks he was worth he'd work in a factory.

You think he’s worth $800k? And what if WVU keeps the bidding war going and counters with a million?

We keep matching because nothing is more important than keeping Jesse Edwards in orange. If it drives away better players, that’s fine. If he demands partial ownership of the Melo center fine.

If you don’t like it, then why don’t you organize an NIL collective. Get some big boosters on board and you can direct how they spend their money on players. People love how to tell other people how to spend their money. “Just a few hundred thousand dollars.”
Ah yes have we reached the moment of the discussion again from a few days ago with people criticizing who haven't even bothered to google the SU collectives to find out how they can help?

There’s a difference between being unable to compete and choosing not to.

SU doesn’t think he’s worth $800k. I don’t disagree.
Would LOVE if Red or whoever makes a statement literally said exactly this as an official response. Jesse is asking for it.

West Virginia is going to be a culture shock for Jesse.
70S Banjo GIF

His comments were totally lame but that's consistent with his portal recruiting "process". He actually reminded me of Marvin Barnes (a player Jesse will never be as good as) saying that if the NBA wouldn't pay what he thinks he was worth he'd work in a factory.
Bad News.

I would but SU wouldn’t allow unsavory characters like me doing NIL deals. At least that’s what I’ve heard.
Keep trying. I hear there’s an opening.

Would LOVE if Red or whoever makes a statement literally said exactly this as an official response. Jesse is asking for it.
SU should task Aaron Sorkin with all official responses.

Im saying that id be ok with. There’s players, and will be players, that SU will pay a lot that I may or may not agree with.

People gotta understand. The moneys there. But because its there doesnt mean you have to spend a large amount of it on someone who does not help you get closer to a postseason or championship
People on this board will either get this concept or won't. It's really not that difficult but some on this board just like howling at the moon about stuff.

I don't know, I find the exit interview feedback interesting. I think it pulls back the curtain a bit. It's unfortunate but SU needs the collective to step and try to bring AW back. At the same time, $800K for Jesse may have been too high to justify and I cant disagree w that argument necessarily.

I don't know, I find the exit interview feedback interesting. I think it pulls back the curtain a bit. It's unfortunate but SU needs the collective to step and try to bring AW back. At the same time, $800K for Jesse may have been too high to justify and I cant disagree w that argument necessarily.
Syracuse University does not need Adam Weitsman. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom