Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to lock everyone in a room until the staff has their portal additions nailed down. Axe and LockedOn having a field day with the NIL stuff. It's like a damn Cuse fan virtual civil war on social media right now.
I threw a reasoned response in there to balance it out a little.

The line implying the school doesn't know what it's doing is a cheap shot. We clearly placed a different value on Jesse than other schools, and Jesse was clearly chasing the biggest bag.
No idea why, as the school seems to screw up most things, but for some reason I'm not panicking...yet

Or pissed that SU won’t step up and play with the big boys.I hate what college ball has turned into, but damn we better get our freaking act together.
So far, the big boys have overpayed and failed. More interested in getting it right and being smarter than following the spiraling trends

No one has an issue with that though. No one is saying “oh he took more money he sucks”.

I feel like there was a decent amount of that in this 110 page thread. (That said there is no way I was reading every post in). Definitely read some "we took a chance on him when he was unheralded recruit, how dare he leave" stuff. Among other comments.

You think that quote was clear? It was the quote of someone lying while trying not to lie, which made it even more obvious that he was lying.
Jesse wanted the cash and he told everyone that.
What part is hard to understand?

In Jesse's defense, think about every job interview you've ever been on in your life. When they ask "why are you interviewing for this job" the answer is always "I want to make more money" but social norms don't allow us to say that so we have to make up some other BS reason.
If you trash your previous employer in a job interview, you’re not getting the job.

ah yeah so clear he said it wasn’t about NIL and also said it was in the same 3 sentence blurb. But hey I guess some of us just have different definitions of clear.
I take it as he wanted the cash and he got it.
Always get the other bs in these kids answers, but it is clear as day he wanted the Big bag.

Yup. Not sure why he’s trashing the program on the way out. Classless move.
Deep down he didn't want to leave.

Can't think of anyone WVU has ever had like Jesse really agile and athletic and good defensively but not strong and bad at rebounding hes the opposite of all their bigs.

Good player and its a loss but I'm not sure hes the 3rd best guy in the portal and we can go pretty far down the trough and get someone whos 80-90% of him. We also don't play the zone anymore much bigger loss if Red was going to stick to JB's defense.

It’s been reported we offered 400k and that was our limit for him, not player specific. The problem is The optics of this are 10x worse than what actually happened. People are already calling Syracuse broke, behind, etc in the NIL game within the last hour all over social media.

Hell even 200k I think would be much.

You dish out those figures to experienced players with leadership qualities. We’re not looking at Jesse down 2 with under 10 seconds to play.

I have no doubt that we’ve already made an appropriate, sizable allowance towards Judah thats waiting for him.

I mean I was one that has been skeptical of our NIL because I have wanted actual proof it’s cooking but Jesse is just salty Ex here sheesh. Guy got a 4 year degree and still can’t put together his thoughts after a week.
They’re not his thoughts.

It’s been reported we offered 400k and that was our limit for him, not player specific. The problem is The optics of this are 10x worse than what actually happened. People are already calling Syracuse broke, behind, etc in the NIL game within the last hour all over social media.
We’ll just have to prove them wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors