Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I'm going to choose to be optimistic come November. And I think it's within the range of possibilities that we're much better than we were this past season.

However, we will still be breaking in a brand new, first time head coach. And we'll be radically changing our style of play on both ends of the floor.

So I'm holding off on the top 25 proclamations for the time being.
Yep. Right now just enjoy the ride and see how things shake out. See how the summer goes. See if there is any more portal action. No need for calling out top 25 or anything. Plenty of time.

Jesse in the weight room with the fellas and coaches...
Screenshot_20230405-204341_Instagram.jpg

Need those shoes…
As the resident Syracusefan.com sneakerhead, and as a nerd who just loves sneakers & gaining more info & knowledge wherever I can... I snapped a photo of the sneakers specifically (only shows the medial interior side of the sneakers & not the lateral outside). After probably too much time breaking down the photo & doing some searches, I'm confident Jesse is wearing the Nike Zoom Freak 4. Unfortunately, I don't think that specific Orange & White colorway has been released to the public. There you have it, HOFCeluck if you have an equipment manager connect in the SU athletic department, tap in & grab a pair!

#NotAllHeroesWearCapes;)

Don’t guys get better on other teams too though?

We need progression and someone we’re not expecting to step up to step up.

End of the day the roster isn’t much different, if our move is swapping Joe for JJ then that isn’t good,
I agree. Last year some posters who seem to be in the know were implying that the assistants were all but begging JB to portal for a forward after Cole decided to leave. Now Red is the head coach. If that information was true, I cannot see how he wouldn't be looking for a forward at this point.

I agree. Last year some posters who seem to be in the know were implying that the assistants were all but begging JB to portal for a forward after Cole decided to leave. Now Red is the head coach. If that information was true, I cannot see how he wouldn't be looking for a forward at this point.
I can easily see a scenario where coach wants to go more guard heavy and thinks we have enough forwards. A 6'4 - 6'5 physical player ala brandon triche would be awesome as a third guard. I hope JT or QC turns into that player. Some of the freshman will be much better next year. Who knows which ones.

This is a fair question and a legit concern. But those freshman are all going to be sophomores next year (plus Benny a junior) and hopefully a few of them will improve a lot. The biggest improvements often happen from freshman to sophomore year. I’m hopeful that Red still brings in another transfer or two, preferably at the wing, depending on who’s available and who they can land out of the portal.

Last edited:
As the resident Syracusefan.com sneakerhead, and as a nerd who just loves sneakers & gaining more info & knowledge wherever I can... I snapped a photo of the sneakers specifically (only shows the medial interior side of the sneakers & not the lateral outside). After probably too much time breaking down the photo & doing some searches, I'm confident Jesse is wearing the Nike Zoom Freak 4. Unfortunately, I don't think that specific Orange & White colorway has been released to the public. There you have it, HOFCeluck if you have an equipment manager connect in the SU athletic department, tap in & grab a pair!

#NotAllHeroesWearCapes;)
The whole team got a pair after Giannis came to watch the WF game two years ago

Seems to quite the spread of what folks are hearing on Judah. If I recall everything was very tight lipped in his recruitment till the end as well.
He removed Cuse hoops from his instagram profile or something yesterday. Sounds ominous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom