Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly that's better than where my mind went. My mind went to, "all of our NIL money backed out." Maybe we go all in on Hunter Dickinson now and Straughn closes him before the draft, enticing Mintz to stay.
Hunter got a visit to Kentucky. He is looking at G -town. His home town. Our chances can't be all that good with him.

Okay so is the concern that Mintz won’t come back or something bigger such as issues with NIL? Because I have heard that we have some major NIL supporters who remain under the radar.

Hunter got a visit to Kentucky. He is looking at G -town. His home town. Our chances can't be all that good with him.
And Maryland just hired his HS coach…

Okay so is the concern that Mintz won’t come back or something bigger such as issues with NIL? Because I have heard that we have some major NIL supporters who remain under the radar.
I don't know anything, but I suspect that it's more that it creates a question mark on the roster for Mintz to consider as part of his decision making ... if we don't snag a good player quickly.

It's just impossible to feel even 5 seconds of hope with this team before something bad happens. I dont want to get into the whole "let kids make their own decisions argument."

I'm really disappointed at the timing of this.

The only center in the portal close to Jesse’s ability is Hunter Dickinson. There’s no one else even close. Red better find someone quick because season ticket renewals are due May 1. No Jesse or no Judah means a lot less renewals. Red will need a big splash to creat interest.

Okay, lets not fly off the handle just yet. 11 days ago, I was told that Jesse is coming back. This from someone in a position to know for certain. It did bother me that nothing was said last week. But the ass't coach hiring was slow to report so I let it go. We still don't know what we don't know.

This sucks if true. We better hit the portal hard if he's gone and I worry that mintz is out as well (just my opinion) and current roster will not be looking too hot if that's the case. Lots of time to get it done so I'm not in panic mode but still a little concerning. Also hope the AW stuff doesn't hurt us with NIL and whoever the behind the scenes donors r have some deep pockets like AW. Gotta pay to play in this new era of basketball!

I thought that as well.

One thing I wondered was if the Israel trip would be called off because of what's going on over there... far prefer that to be the issue than something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom