Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you are missing, is that Jesse is a guy that hates bigots . I know this to be very important to him. I also don't think it will change things but that isn't Jesse. That would be his dad. He values money more than Jesse does.

So Jesse is a 23 year old man that hates bigots but he’s going to play for Huggins because his old man wants the cash. Jesse is a boy if that’s the case but I have a feeling Jesse likes the payday just as much as his old man.

Jesse was not going to play, or not play, for Huggins. His portal to WVU was not about coaching, teammates, location, winning or playing time. Simple.
I am not attaching my horses to the 'Jesse coming back to SU' wagon, but it is definitely an interesting topic, and interesting to think about, given Huggin's 'gaffe'.

So Jesse is a 23 year old man that hates bigots but he’s going to play for Huggins because his old man wants the cash. Jesse is a boy if that’s the case but I have a feeling Jesse likes the payday just as much as his old man.

Yeah... we can't forget Jesse met with Mccleod already too. Doesn't seem a kid to be the type to step back in front of Naheem so if Mccleod were to commit Jesse doesn't make a move.

With respect to Jesse coming back to Syracuse, Let It Go !!!
He had a price.
Some one made an offer to meet the price.
He accepted the offer.
He is transferring WVU.

I believe Jesse and his parents made it very clear that it is about the check clearing and that is it. I don’t see how this would change one bit of that. If the money still spends, he stays with WVU. What am I missing?
Jesse's case and Hunter Dickinson's case make it clear that big time college basketball is now about almost one thing: $$$$.
Sure, where a player may best improve his skills for the next level (and even more money) may be a factor. But it's really all about the Benjamins.

That has a lot of implications.
One of them is that college ball is not much different than pro ball.
Except that the "owners" are colleges instead of billionaires.
Accordingly, the games will develop in similar ways.
Expect to see things like college unions and agents and a rift between schools that want to "go pro" and those that don't.

Oh Jesse, I almost feel bad. The team at Cuse he would have been on is going to be so much better than WVU, much more player friendly coach in Autry than Huggins, not to mention the mess of Huggins this off season. And feel bad because he is going to get like half of that NIL money WVU told him about. Jesse’s dad really screwed him here. The worst part is, I’m pretty confident this wasn’t really Jesse’s decision and Jesse REALLY liked Syracuse. It’s really a bummer. With Jesse. We are probably a top 10 team and pretty good damn all around team with not many holes to fill. Bummer but really like our team as it stands right now.

Live look at Jesse

874169138d59951f-600x338.jpg

I guess I have a different take completey. I think if JB was here, Joe would be. But, no Judah. No Bell. No Benny. Probably no Westry or JJ. They didn't come when he was the Head coach after all.

That's a scary thought. Now you are really in that 10 wins kind of scenario...

Yes

Jesse and Mintz would both 100% be here next year if JB and JG3 were. I can absolutely guarantee that.

We would have been a top 25 team if we kept every piece. Media is what will be the demise of Syracuse Basketball. The rumors are already swirling about Syracuse, nobody wants to play here
What a stupid post.

I guess I have a different take completey. I think if JB was here, Joe would be. But, no Judah. No Bell. No Benny. Probably no Westry or JJ. They didn't come when he was the Head coach after all.
If JB was here this would be the lineup:

Copeland
Girard
Taylor
Brown
Edwards
Torrence
Carey
Patterson
Hima

Oh Jesse and Judah are both returning next year? Because thats what I said in my original post. Odd.

1 year older Mintz
Downgrade at the 2
1 year older at the 3
1 year older at the 4
Massive downgrade at 5

Its better than what I initially anticipated, but will still be surprised if they are much more than a .500 team
You said Judah was going pro. You were wronggggggggggggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors