Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's huge, if true. Really excited to see the offense come back.

A little worried about Jesse's ability to defend in space, though. He and Maliq will really need to work on that this offseason, and they'll need to learn when and how to switch.

That's huge, if true. Really excited to see the offense come back.

A little worried about Jesse's ability to defend in space, though. He and Maliq will really need to work on that this offseason, and they'll need to learn when and how to switch.

I hope they watched UConn closely. Hedge hard and drop Benny or Maliq etc to the rim to slow down penetration off the pass. Jesse has quick hands so I would think he would be ok on the hard hedge. A fast athletic team around him can fill the passing lanes and recover quickly as well.

Lol. “Obviously, things can change at anytime but as of right now, we have everyone back that is supposed to be here.”
I do expect Jesse to return but I want to hear it from Jesse himself.
Agree. I took it to mean that there wouldn't be any more guys in the transfer portal. I'm not 100 percent confident on Jesse and Judah until it's from them.

Lol. “Obviously, things can change at anytime but as of right now, we have everyone back that is supposed to be here.”
I do expect Jesse to return but I want to hear it from Jesse himself.

I believe I hinted at that last week. More than hinted at it with a few posters as well. I would still like a portal guy or two to go with Jesse and Judah. I think we could be really good.

I watched a lot of bigs less athletic than Jesse who can guard in space. He just has to be taught proper footwork and guard the strong hand. Man defense is still a team approach and each player needs to learn to help the helper.

Right which means scouting on going under or over screens, help rotations and cutting off driving lanes. Mtm should feature Benny's skill as a weakside shot blocker much more too hopefully.

I believe I hinted at that last week. More than hinted at it with a few posters as well. I would still like a portal guy or two to go with Jesse and Judah. I think we could be really good.

Yes sir you did. A strong portal add or two and gotta think we have a shot to be ranked pre-season. Could care less if we are honestly but should be some positive attention.

meehhh. Bradley I get. Westry I don’t really at all. This is building a basketball team. Not collecting the highest ranked guys from two years ago. Anyway I’m not sure why I keep getting sucked into this argument. I don’t think Westry is coming here anyway. He can get more minutes elsewhere.
If his knee is healthy and good to go I would take Westry over both Bell and and Taylor every day of the week.

I caught that hint. And Devo suggested that Jesse would be back on his podcast, too. So I feel good about it and am hoping that an announcement from Jesse is forthcoming.

If his knee is healthy and good to go I would take Westry over both Bell and and Taylor every day of the week.
The only justification for this was Westry was rated higher than both in high school.

I’m curious as to who is paying the NIL bill for him.

So, if Jesse and Judah come back, does that leave SU with 1 or 2 scholarships to offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom