Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had time to keep up with this thread, so this has probably been said. But in what was likely a lost season anyway (by the standards JB set over the years), this brings development opportunity for Frank and Benny.

Frank immediately, and obviously. But Benny when Frank undoubtedly gets into foul trouble and Jimmy is at the 5. Doesn't help for this year, but should help for next.

I'm trying.

I haven't had time to keep up with this thread, so this has probably been said. But in what was likely a lost season anyway (by the standards JB set over the years), this brings development opportunity for Frank and Benny.

Frank immediately, and obviously. But Benny when Frank undoubtedly gets into foul trouble and Jimmy is at the 5. Doesn't help for this year, but should help for next.

I'm trying.
JB is going to still play to win every game. Frank will most certainly get center minutes. After that I’m not sure who gets what. Benny has been a poor mans Mathew Moyer to this point. Not sure he sees much increase in time.

maybe.

But JB HAS shown willingness to play Ajak of late. I'd expect that now that the pecking order has shifted, he's not going to get MORE buried. The path to PT is actually more favorable.

Now, if Ajak had been parked on the bench, I'd agree with you. But he's been playing. And things have changed with Jesse's injury.

To be honest he has been parked on the bench it just feels like he's been playing more because everyone goes nuts when he actually gets in. Since Christmas Ajak has appeared in 6 total games all of which were blowouts. The only games he saw more then 4 minutes were the last two when he played 6 min at the end of the Lville dusting and 10 in the Pitt debacle when JB was desperate to try anything. Needless to say he didn't exactly flash in those minutes.

He's only going to play in a desperation situation or if Benny's in the dog house and even then it will be for 2 min so Jimmy can get a blow.

I'm trying.
When he is facing, possibly, his first losing season, JB is more likely focus on wins than development - not to say he can't do both at once.

Bees for those of us who live in another state and aren't interested in a subscription to the Syracuse paper will you summarize what the article by Donna says?
Good post. So many times i go to read articles on this Forum and get told you need to subscribe. After awhile I do not even open the articles...

Winning streak is in real danger. Will be an amazing coaching job if Boeheim manages to rescue the season. Nice way to head out the door with good memories and goodwill. I will avoid making mention of the roster management as a major reason for the situation we find ourselves in.

JB is going to still play to win every game. Frank will most certainly get center minutes. After that I’m not sure who gets what. Benny has been a poor mans Mathew Moyer to this point. Not sure he sees much increase in time.

I wasn't thinking he'd do it with an eye toward next year. I was thinking he would do it because he's running out of humans, especially if Bourama still isn't ready to play.

3 guard lineup when Frank is in foul trouble?

Last edited:
Frank, I know you can pick and roll - now go on and show everyone..

Our coach has always stated Winning is the Key. He will play whomever he feels will help us win. Development happens in practice, not during games.

I'm saddened Jesse got hurt and the way he got hurt. Good player. Hopefully comes back and dominates next season. Now we don't have to bash Coach on a short rotation (LOL). But seriously, I see VT going into the middle to get our bigs into foul trouble. I see Sidibe starting and giving us a few minutes and then...

I hope we continue to play well and continue to execute our offensive sets. We manage just well enough on defense and keep hitting our shots. Go CUSE. Beat Polytech.

I wasn't think he'd do it with an eye toward next year. I was thinking he would do it because he's running out of humans, especially if Bourama still isn't ready to play.

3 guard lineup when Frank is in foul trouble?

Definitely going to be the 3 guard lineup. Its a pretty good O lineup but a disaster defensively and more importantly rebounding. Frank's going to have to try and minimize the fouls or were going to have to try and coax 5+ minutes out of Sidibe even though he's a mess physically.

I am pretty disappointed in this news. After rising from the dead and actually watching a couple games that were fun, I am not sure I want to watch the response with this roster.
If we overcome this, congrats to the team, but I do not think this is fine, the non-iso offense runs off Jesse, back to iso ball.

jon-stewart-extinguish.gif

ajak is a much better center than jimmy...even factoring in jimmys offense

jimmy cannot play center

ajak is a much better center than jimmy...even factoring in jimmys offense

jimmy cannot play center

I'am far from Jimmy's biggest fan and while he is in no way a 5 at this level he's going to be the choice over Ajak 10 out of 10 times with this team. Ajak is a ncie story but he's the definition of in over his head at this level. He's needs a transfer to a non P5 conference or even D2.

I'am far from Jimmy's biggest fan and while he is in no way a 5 at this level he's going to be the choice over Ajak 10 out of 10 times with this team. Ajak is a ncie story but he's the definition of in over his head at this level. He's needs a transfer to a non P5 conference or even D2.
idc...i havent seen a single good defensive play from jimmy in the paint all season...

ajak is actually a good and active defender...hes bigger than jimmy

i realize that JB will go with jimmy but its a mistake

idc...i havent seen a single good defensive play from jimmy in the paint all season...

ajak is actually a good and active defender...hes bigger than jimmy

i realize that JB will go with jimmy but its a mistake

Again not looking to be JB defending Jimmy here but Ajak has played 36 mins all year. I can't recall any time or point when I thought he looked good at anything out there. I mean perhaps he moves quicker then Jimmy ( who doesn't at this level) but again were talking Ajak here not Dolezaj or even Braswell.

Winning streak is in real danger. Will be an amazing coaching job if Boeheim manages to rescue the season. Nice way to head out the door with good memories and goodwill. I will avoid making mention of the roster management as a major reason for the situation we find ourselves in.
I don't think you avoided it.

Hopefully the rehab time isn't too bad. He is a summer of development on his left hand in the post away from being an All-American level big.

I'm very sad.
Fractured wrists are relatively easier to rehab. I don't see it hindering his offseason workouts that much

I had been thinking how lucky we’ve been with no injuries this year. Frank played very well on Tuesday but who replaces him is a huge drop off in talent. The game against VT will be a good harbinger of what to expect the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom