Jesse Edwards: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards:

Seems to me like he wants to come back...who was saying hes basically gone and forgotten already?
Screenshot_20200717-112949_Instagram.jpg

With a RS year and time to bulk up, I see him being a pretty decent C for us
Me too. People on here are pretty weird. When a guy commits, he's super underrated and going to be great. Then they struggle as a freshman and they don't want them on the team anymore. How many bigs have we had that got minutes and were good as freshman? List isn't very long.

Me too. People on here are pretty weird. When a guy commits, he's super underrated and going to be great. Then they struggle as a freshman and they don't want them on the team anymore. How many bigs have we had that got minutes and were good as freshman? List isn't very long.

Right. And I thought he looked good as a freshman. Coordinated, good hands, very tall, nice touch.

Right. And I thought he looked good as a freshman. Coordinated, good hands, very tall, nice touch.
Rak avg'd 2.8 pts and 2.9 reb in 12 mins as a mega recruit. Edwards at 2.4 and 1.7 in 7 as a lottery ticket that has barely played basketball in his life. I honestly expect him to become the best C on the roster when Sidibe leaves and at worst a solid rotation piece. Letting guys like that go and always thinking there's something better coming down the line that has proven nothing is pretty dumb.

Last edited:
Rak avg'd 2.8 pts and 2.9 reb in 12 mins as a mega recruit. Edwards at 2.4 and 1.7 in 7 as a lottery ticket that has barely played basketball in his life. I honestly expect him to become the best C on the roster when Sidibe leaves and at worst a solid rotation piece. Letting guys like that go and always thinking there's something better coming down the line that has proven nothing is pretty dumb.

Syracuse has lacked big man depth for too long. Don't understand why some posters are eager to see him on his way out. He might not average 18 and 10, but 7 footers with soft hands don't grow on trees.

staff were/are preparing for his departure. Still very likely he’s not on roster in 2021 season. no minutes available

"Preparing" -- that's because it was uncertain whether international students would be allowed on campus, not because there were "no minutes available."

It is going to be an interesting battle to see whether Edwards / JBA / Anselem emerge, but nothing is set in stone as yet. How could it be? They only recently began voluntary workouts!

Agreed. His problem was physical maturity, and not being ready to play ACC-caliber competition. Most incoming big men frosh aren't, and he had a bigger learning curve being so new to the game and adapting from European ball. But the tools you mention were clearly evident, and his skill set is a LOT better than what some posters give him credit for.

In 2017, we thought we were loaded. We had Coleman coming off a year where he stayed healthy, Chukwu, and Lydon to play the center. Both Coleman / Chukwu got injured, and depth went into the tank.

I'm not predicting that anything that drastic will occur, but you never know. A key injury or two, or a player not being ready, can really shake things up. Suddenly, instead of four guys on the depth chart, you're down to 1 or 2.

My concern is we have half a season that blows Sidibe's and Marek's final season, but doesn't allow Edwards, Anselem and JBA develop because the lost of the pre-conference schedule will disproportionately hurt their development.

staff were/are preparing for his departure. Still very likely he’s not on roster in 2021 season. no minutes available

Is there some tape somewhere we haven't seen where it's clear that Frank is ages ahead of Jesse at the college level? I'm just asking because from a experience and play standpoint it seems hard to have landed at this conclusion before the results are in. With Jesse overseas, that I get keeps him out of the picture until he can get stateside. Once he is here though wouldn't that make the determination?

Not trying to challenge you I just don't get how it could be that obvious unless Frank is a monster and we are missing a ton of what he is all about from the tape/vids out there.

Is there some tape somewhere we haven't seen where it's clear that Frank is ages ahead of Jesse at the college level? I'm just asking because from a experience and play standpoint it seems hard to have landed at this conclusion before the results are in. With Jesse overseas, that I get keeps him out of the picture until he can get stateside. Once he is here though wouldn't that make the determination?

Not trying to challenge you I just don't get how it could be that obvious unless Frank is a monster and we are missing a ton of what he is all about from the tape/vids out there.
Marek is going home and not coming back version 2.0.

I'm sorry but I don't believe this for one second. His issue is Corona related and getting here to the states. Its quite obvious he wants to be back and I'm not sure how our staff would not want to take him back considering the promise he showed. But to each their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom