Jesse Edwards: | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards:

Screenshot_20200717-170232_Instagram.jpg

I've shared screenshots of conversations I've had before on here and get crap for it so I won't do that again. I will say when asked about his outlook on returning to the states and playing for us this year his reply was, "probably soon!" With praying hands emojis. I for one hope hes on the team for another 3 years or 4 if he redshirts depending on his situation. Hes too talented for how raw he is to not want him on the team.

I've shared screenshots of conversations I've had before on here and get crap for it so I won't do that again. I will say when asked about his outlook on returning to the states and playing for us this year his reply was, "probably soon!" With praying hands emojis. I for one hope hes on the team for another 3 years or 4 if he redshirts depending on his situation. Hes too talented for how raw he is to not want him on the team.
good info! thx for sharing here

I'm sorry but I don't believe this for one second. His issue is Corona related and getting here to the states. Its quite obvious he wants to be back and I'm not sure how our staff would not want to take him back considering the promise he showed. But to each their own.
Me too Cusesky!! My sources disagree with this as well, so I am lost on how there can be such separation on this topic

Me too Cusesky!! My sources disagree with this as well, so I am lost on how there can be such separation on this topic
I hear ya! I'm not even sure how it's a topic of conversation honestly...as far as I know everyone was nothing but excited about jesse and everything he did for us as a freshman. The potential is there and hes not a huge project. Hes a 4 year guy that will only get better and our staff knows that. Now all of a sudden we are ready to kick a 7fter who showed good promise to the curb? Never even thought that was a possibility. The ONLY thing I've heard was the concern regarding covid and getting him back over here. I'm not buying the other stuff but I'm no insider so my opinion doesnt mean much. Just seems like crazy talk but what do I know!? Hope hes able to get here IF we even have basketball this season.

staff were/are preparing for his departure. Still very likely he’s not on roster in 2021 season. no minutes available
It not like our staring center was all ACC . There will be minutes for him. All season team were throwing bigs at us and we had no answer

JE has got imagination and skills, like that baseline swim move dunk. That was something you don't see many big guys capable of, except the real talented ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edwards has been cleared to return to the United States and Syracuse University, according to Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim.

“Jesse is going to get his waiver,‘' Boeheim said Monday. “They’re letting people coming in from the Netherlands. We expect to get him back in a week or so.''

Gee would u look at that...and here our staff was planning on kicking him to the curb ;) jesse must of gave JB a hell of a sales pitch for him to let him return to play for us another season.
If JB watched the game I posted from a couple of weeks ago I'm sure he wanted the kid back ASAP! Neither the competition nor his performance was anything to feel good about...

If JB watched the game I posted from a couple of weeks ago I'm sure he wanted the kid back ASAP! Neither the competition nor his performance was anything to feel good about...

i don't know what Edwards will become and I'm not sure he'll get the chance to do whatever that is on the Hill (depending on how good the guys coming behind him are). But I'm surprised people are down on him in general. Kid put up a 10 and 5 vs. Bucknell in 14 minutes, had 7 in 7 minutes against Ga Tech and 7 in 8 minutes against Louisville. (Bourama scored 7+ in 10 games total with roughly 5.5x as many minutes.)

Obviously this doesn't make him the next Fab or Rak, but he certainly flashed some decent offensive skills. The strength is an issue as is his general need for development, but I would actually think he's the favorite as of now to replace Sidibe next season. People (myself included) tend to under-estimate just how much better a big can look between his first and second year (Fab, obviously the rare but still relevant example given how atrocious he looked as a frosh) or even later in their careers (Rak was a completely different player as a senior; Chuckwu was significantly better in his fourth year than in his third.

So I don't know how it plays out but I don't think there's any reason to rush to sell your jesse edwards stock.

i don't know what Edwards will become and I'm not sure he'll get the chance to do whatever that is on the Hill (depending on how good the guys coming behind him are). But I'm surprised people are down on him in general. Kid put up a 10 and 5 vs. Bucknell in 14 minutes, had 7 in 7 minutes against Ga Tech and 7 in 8 minutes against Louisville. (Bourama scored 7+ in 10 games total with roughly 5.5x as many minutes.)

Obviously this doesn't make him the next Fab or Rak, but he certainly flashed some decent offensive skills. The strength is an issue as is his general need for development, but I would actually think he's the favorite as of now to replace Sidibe next season. People (myself included) tend to under-estimate just how much better a big can look between his first and second year (Fab, obviously the rare but still relevant example given how atrocious he looked as a frosh) or even later in their careers (Rak was a completely different player as a senior; Chuckwu was significantly better in his fourth year than in his third.

So I don't know how it plays out but I don't think there's any reason to rush to sell your jesse edwards stock.
LOL! I am not down on him but watch the video it is what it is.

I think he need to gain 30+lbs, I also think doing that in Syracuse working with other bigs and the staff is the best place for him to put on the weight he needs and develop a post game.

We have 3 young centers all of them MAY develop, NONE of them are sure things. Anselem is the best athlete, but there are guys in the hall of frame who weren't great athletes and great athletes who never developed into basketball players.

Center is a critical position for us and the hardest position to fill...

LOL! I am not down on him but watch the video it is what it is.

I think he need to gain 30+lbs, I also think doing that in Syracuse working with other bigs and the staff is the best place for him to put on the weight he needs and develop a post game.

We have 3 young centers all of them MAY develop, NONE of them are sure things. Anselem is the best athlete, but there are guys in the hall of frame who weren't great athletes and great athletes who never developed into basketball players.

Center is a critical position for us and the hardest position to fill...
Exactly why we need as many lotto tickets at that position as we can get our hands on. If Edwards was 30 lbs heavier and this skilled then he would be a 5 star recruit and would have started last year and already be gone. I don't know what people expect nowadays. There are 0 7 footers who are athletic and have NBA strength that are playing more than 1 year. They all have to have some kind of issues to be around 3 or 4 years.

srsly where is the bozo who made that claim
To be fair, when I lived with a lax player over a decade ago, if I had reported every bit of talk about roster movement, guys looking around, drama, etc. I would have looked pretty clueless from how much it would fluctuate from week to week. Day to day, even. These are college kids and intense competitors playing at the highest level; there's always talk, and the OP could have easily had some real info that just didn't result in anything.

To be fair, when I lived with a lax player over a decade ago, if I had reported every bit of talk about roster movement, guys looking around, drama, etc. I would have looked pretty clueless from how much it would fluctuate from week to week. Day to day, even. These are college kids and intense competitors playing at the highest level; there's always talk, and the OP could have easily had some real info that just didn't result in anything.
yeah I hear ya. it's why, if one does decide to share such stuff, a proper disclaimer should come with it. This particular poster has made resolute proclamations in regard to Edwards not coming back.

yeah I hear ya. it's why, if one does decide to share such stuff, a proper disclaimer should come with it. This particular poster has made resolute proclamations in regard to Edwards not coming back.

Well I don't want to go back but if I remember correctly the poster did say "I hope I am wrong too" in a response to another poster. Covid is changing daily/hourly and maybe it wasn't looking good for getting him back stateside at certain points of the last couple of months.

Well I don't want to go back but if I remember correctly the poster did say "I hope I am wrong too" in a response to another poster. Covid is changing daily/hourly and maybe it wasn't looking good for getting him back stateside at certain points of the last couple of months.
Right, agreed. But said poster framed it as "coaches don't want him, there's no room for him"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom