Jesse is an All-American | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse is an All-American

He’s on my All Rolls-Royce team for sure….he can do it all baby. Throw in the diaper dandy Judah Mintz and Jimmy B might have a semi competitive team in the ACC
No ifs, ands or buts, however if Jesse did not get injured last season then it might have ended a little different.

I'm still upset about the rotation in the Sweet 16 game against Houston. Jesse and our freshman pg got in the game and Cuse was rolling, then they got subbed out and Houston closed the half with a 10-0 run. Then we traded buckets and couldn't close the lead the entire second half.

I feel like we have two backup centers who also will develop very nicely. Jesse will be hard to replace, but I'd really like to keep that position at a high level.
Yeah, I wouldn’t think Hima will be anywhere near Jesse offensively. But he looks like he could be a great defender who is adequate offensively, once he’s the starter.

Yeah, I wouldn’t think Hima will be anywhere near Jesse offensively. But he looks like he could be a great defender who is adequate offensively, once he’s the starter.
My wild card prediction is Benny actually is our starting center next season.

He’s on my All Rolls-Royce team for sure….he can do it all baby. Throw in the diaper dandy Judah Mintz and Jimmy B might have a semi competitive team in the ACC
If Mintz can consistently score, create easy hoops for others, and take care of the ball like he did today, I think it significantly raises our ceiling. Tough to do against better teams but he wasn’t playing like that even against the weaker teams. I think it’s a highly talented player making some adjustments and improving.

Just probably will keep needing to mix and match at forward and have a couple of them have solid games each night. Not sure how doable that will be against high level teams but we’ll see.

My wild card prediction is Benny actually is our starting center next season.
It’s no more absurd than Marek playing it for several years in a row….. or Jimmy.

Lololol I can’t believe last year was even real.

This team has a long way to go but it’s a way better watch, and you can at least be hopeful and see potentially a foundation for a good team in the coming years. Maybe.

It’s no more absurd than Marek playing it for several years in a row….. or Jimmy.

Lololol I can’t believe last year was even real.

This team has a long way to go but it’s a way better watch, and you can at least be hopeful and see potentially a foundation for a good team in the coming years. Maybe.
I think a lot of the things that limit Benny at forward end up making him a crazy versatile 5.

No ifs, ands or buts, however if Jesse did not get injured last season then it might have ended a little different.
The Big Man from the Netherlands was our best player last season and the same is true on this team. We would have made the Tournament last season had he stayed healthy. I also think there is a strong possibility Jessie is playing professionally this season if it wasn't for that injury.

The Big Man from the Netherlands was our best player last season and the same is true on this team. We would have made the Tournament last season had he stayed healthy. I also think there is a strong possibility Jessie is playing professionally this season if it wasn't for that injury.
The best our record ever got to was 15-12 last year, so I’m going to disagree with “tourney”.

The best our record ever got to was 15-12 last year, so I’m going to disagree with “tourney”.

the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif

If Jesse can put on another twenty pounds, he can play in the NBA. It’s possible he comes back next year. He could become a lottery pick. He’s shown the skills to expand his game with jumpers. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Ewing on Jesse Edwards development:

“When he gets 20 and 11 with five blocks, he’s improved significantly. Last year we were able to nullify his abilities but the things he was doing reminds me of when I was young.”

He showed he’s not just a pick and roll and offensive rebound and putback guy today too. Had a beautiful jump hook. Had the face up bank shot. Hit a 12-15 footer. He showed the full arsenal. Made a few nice passes too.

Also, I think we can say he’s our best center since Etan Thomas.

Christmas and Jackson had great senior years and AO was a great back to the basket guy, but those guys were 6’9. Jesse is a legit 7 footer who hugely impacts both ends and has become a heck of a rebounder too.

Ewing on Jesse Edwards development:

“When he gets 20 and 11 with five blocks, he’s improved significantly. Last year we were able to nullify his abilities but the things he was doing reminds me of when I was young.”

A far cry from "Manley Field House is officially closed." No wonder why GTown is gonna fire him!

He showed he’s not just a pick and roll and offensive rebound and putback guy today too. Had a beautiful jump hook. Had the face up bank shot. Hit a 12-15 footer. He showed the full arsenal. Made a few nice passes too.

He keeps up the double double work and hitting jumpers and he will get a lot more attention in a hurry.

Going back to the beginning of last year, he has been awesome. Love how secure he is catching the ball (he gets some pretty janky passes sometimes) and how he virtually never brings the ball down. That takes a lot of hand and core strength which he has clearly worked on.

We would have made the Tournament last season had he stayed healthy.
no, no we wouldn’t have

We were 13-11 up to that point, and probably would have needed to go 7-1 to close the ACC + a quality win in ACC tourney just to get near / on bubble line.

Close 7-1, we finish at 13-7. Wake finished 13-7 in the ACC and didn't have any WTH OOC losses like Georgetown and Colgate --and they still missed. Of course they lost to BC in the ACC first round that wa their one WTH loss.

We were 13-11 up to that point, and probably would have needed to go 7-1 to close the ACC + a quality win in ACC tourney just to get near / on bubble line.

Yeah I mean let's not forget that very few good wins were there to take even if we got to 19/20 wins

Yeah I mean let's not forget that very few good wins were there to take even if we got to 19/20 wins
We didn’t beat one ranked team all year, and lost to some bad ones.

We were nowhere near the tourney when Jesse got hurt.

On an interesting note - we beat Indiana last year and they are now #14 this year. It’s possible to get good quickly in college hoops. Maybe we’ll be #14 next year.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic though - Jesse is having a heck of a year. Has to develop a jumper to become a better NBA prosepct

But the one thing he has shown that even in a zone, he can defend a larger area which is now needed for a big in the NBA. Seems like he has some defensive agility.

It will be important to show that he can defend the PnR / screen game which is so needed for a big now in the league as you get sucked out top. . That's probably a tough adjustment for Syracuse bigs entering the league nowadays, since they have little experience with that. Its probably a much tougher adjustment than some of our better bigs of the past had to make entering the NBA.

Has there been a Syracuse big that has had to make the adjustment in the past 8 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom