Jesus...a freaking Bernie Fine question in the presser | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesus...a freaking Bernie Fine question in the presser

Does anyone really think she wants to ask that question in a situation like this?
She likely was told to ask the question...probably so they would have Boeheim's reaction for inclusion in the story they'll do about Fine.
That's her job.
And like most of us...sometimes you have to do your job even when you don't like doing what you have to do.
Sometimes you need to get a new job.

Journalism? LOL! Today journalism is becoming a device with which media companies manipulate issues and coerce circulation with questionable/outrageous methods, all with the intent to drive up advertising revenues. Most don't give a about basketball, SU, the fans, or the coaches. It's all just about the money. Need proof? Just watch, next week they'll be all over something else the same way.

my thoughts . bernie was JB's close friend,associate and assistant coach for 40 years. dude decides to sue ESPN tourney week. it's a fair question given the long history between them . i do question bernies timing.

Bernie sued back in November 2012, not this week. That's what made the question inappropriate. The media has an agenda to smash our program.

This sorry excuse for a wanna be journalist was trying to create her own "gotcha" moment and also this is the women who made the I want to go golfing quote after the Georgetown game a national story and completely took the quote out of context and created that controversy.

This sorry excuse for a wanna be journalist was trying to create her own "gotcha" moment and also this is the women who made the I want to go golfing quote after the Georgetown game a national story and completely took the quote out of context and created that controversy.

Nah. Col. Bleep's analysis above is more realistic. SNY and ESPN are fierce competitors in the metro area and ESPN may take a punch here. It's all business.

Bernie sued back in November 2012, not this week. That's what made the question inappropriate. The media has an agenda to smash our program.

bernie may have sued back in november but the story just broke thursday. and that made it news.
i don't think the reporter had any hidden agenda or was seeking attention. she was doing her job.

"In the court paperwork, Fine indicates he'll sue for defamation and seek undefined damages. The berniefinesummons.pdf was filed Nov. 15, 2012, in state Supreme Court in Onondaga County and sat unreported until Thursday, when The Associated Press asked the court clerk for a copy. A complaint was not included with the filing."

The media has an agenda to smash our program.

I think the timing of this story was to make ESPN look bad. Who would be looking to drop the hammer on ESPN? Fox Sports is my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom