Jets sign Shamarko/Jets release him. Shamarko signs with Bills. | Syracusefan.com

Jets sign Shamarko/Jets release him. Shamarko signs with Bills.

Happy looking guy.

I hope he has a great year, but not at the phins expense.

Almost didn't recognize him without the 'locks. Classy, classy guy! Good luck, Shamarko...

I hate to say it but I don't really know what happened with Shamarko in Pittsburgh. Was he not re-signed and anyone know how he's played overall?

I hate to say it but I don't really know what happened with Shamarko in Pittsburgh. Was he not re-signed and anyone know how he's played overall?
He had a promising rookie season in 2013 and was rumored to be Polamalu's heir apparent. But for some reason he could never get over the hump on the safety depth chart. Whether that was because he played poorly in practice, couldn't fully grasp the playbook, or he just never got a fair opportunity because of his height - who knows.

He thrived as a gunner on special teams, which is how he made the Steelers roster all four years of his rookie contract.

He signed with the Jets as a free agent in May but I guess didn't show enough in training camp to make the roster.

There's no question he was signed by the Bills to be a gunner on punts and kickoffs. But considering McDermott and Frazier only keep four safeties on the roster who knows, maybe he can earn a backup role there and a long-term spot on the team.

He had a promising rookie season in 2013 and was rumored to be Polamalu's heir apparent. But for some reason he could never get over the hump on the safety depth chart. Whether that was because he played poorly in practice, couldn't fully grasp the playbook, or he just never got a fair opportunity because of his height - who knows.

He thrived as a gunner on special teams, which is how he made the Steelers roster all four years of his rookie contract.

He signed with the Jets as a free agent in May but I guess didn't show enough in training camp to make the roster.

There's no question he was signed by the Bills to be a gunner on punts and kickoffs. But considering McDermott and Frazier only keep four safeties on the roster who knows, maybe he can earn a backup role there and a long-term spot on the team.

I have a bunch of Steeler fan friends. They were always pulling for him but said that he struggled in coverage. He was picked on in coverage and committed costly penalties as well in those situations. He was good whenever he could play close to the LOS. Hopefully he can thrive in BUF on special teams like you said.

Last edited:
Bill's backup safety and special teams gunner Colt Anderson broke his arm last week against Atlanta. Sham Wow will slide right into that slot.