Jim Boeheim Day | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim Day

I hope that we get a great turnout. Jimmy deserves it. However, I don't think anyone will have to bring their tents and camp out. That's funny. Also, what is Boeheimburg? I've never heard that one before.

That's impressive if this group of SU student seniors has an emotional attachment to JB and would camp out in the freezing cold for hours. Their freshman year, they couldn't attend games due to Covid. Their sophomore and junior years, we were never in contention for the NCAA tournament. So unless they grew up as an SU fan (which I feel like most kids who attend SU don't), I wouldn't fault them if this wasn't a huge priority, like it is for locals and alumni.

Students are tying Thursday’s girls Duke game to Saturdays game. They are camping out for both. This women‘s team deserves a huge crowd for Thursday’s game. They have a chance to win the ACC conference, something the men have never come close to doing. They have the best basketball player on either team with Fair. She’s tough and clutch. She’s going to finish in the top five in scoring for women’s basketball.

JB does deserve a huge tribute (statue, gifts, etc) but I wish his day would be in a few years after we have had some time to reflect on and appreciate his career accomplishments more.

Time would also give the Syracuse program a better chance to be in a better place and the game could actually mean something.

JB does deserve a huge tribute (statue, gifts, etc) but I wish his day would be in a few years after we have had some time to reflect on and appreciate his career accomplishments more.

Time would also give the Syracuse program a better chance to be in a better place and the game could actually mean something.
He is 79 years old, how long do you want to wait?

He is 79 years old, how long do you want to wait?
How about 90 or maybe let's just wait until he is no longer with us. That way, as a community, we can all come together to appreciate and celebrate his contributions without him.

How about 90 or maybe let's just wait until he is no longer with us. That way, as a community, we can all come together to appreciate and celebrate his contributions without him.
Just me but I wanted a day just for JB, with no game but just a day for him.

Jackass SU fan online: Jim Boeheim torpedoed this program and couldn’t coach a beer league team and was despicable in press conferences! Boo this man!

Same fan on JB Day: Thanks for all the memories, Coach; you’ve always been one of the greats! [tear rolls down cheek]

Last edited:
Why would they do this in Red's first year? I am at a loss to understand...

He hasn't even been retired for 12 months.
I think the timing of this is perfect whether it was planned or not. This was a major transition and I think that we’ve reached a point of acceptance. I see Saturday as the day when the keys officially get turned over to Autry and is embraced as the ‘Head Coach’ and Boeheim is officially embraced as the ‘emeritus’ figure to the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom