Jim Boeheim on his son, Syracuse basketball expectations, Darius Bazley | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim on his son, Syracuse basketball expectations, Darius Bazley

I understand he has to say it now that no one redshirts, but to also say in the next sentence that we will likely only play nine is somewhat contradictory, I would assume the 10th and 11th guys are Howard, from the article it indicates he may not be ready, and Braswell. Would hate to burn Braswell's year on 6 to 7 out of conference games.

Either way I am sure it will all shakeout and this article ramped up my excitement level. Can't wait to see Hughes!

I understand he has to say it now that no one redshirts, but to also say in the next sentence that we will likely only play nine is somewhat contradictory, I would assume the 10th and 11th guys are Howard, from the article it indicates he may not be ready, and Braswell. Would hate to burn Braswell's year on 6 to 7 out of conference games.

Either way I am sure it will all shakeout and this article ramped up my excitement level. Can't wait to see Hughes!
I hear you, but we aren't a program that traditionally redshirts. Here and there, but not as a consistent pattern.

I think JB believes that he's going to recruit over guys anyway, so he's not worried about a player like Braswell [for example] burning a year of eligiblity.

That’s a huge statement about Hughes since he raved about Carey. Something about him being the best offensive guard recruit coming in the past 20 years or so? Excited! Hopefully it’s all on the level.

I hear you, but we aren't a program that traditionally redshirts. Here and there, but not as a consistent pattern.

I think JB believes that he's going to recruit over guys anyway, so he's not worried about a player like Braswell [for example] burning a year of eligiblity.
And JBs timeline lines up with the incoming frosh...

"Elijah's been the best player here this summer," Boeheim said. ...

Well yeah. No Battle, Brissett, or Dolezaj right? Also Carey has played 0 college minutes and EH has been in the system for a year. I expect good things from him but this seems like a no brainer

"Elijah's been the best player here this summer," Boeheim said. ...

Well yeah. No Battle, Brissett, or Dolezaj right? Also Carey has played 0 college minutes and EH has been in the system for a year. I expect good things from him but this seems like a no brainer

I’m not sure what time line JB is using but Battle, Howard, Brissett and Dolezaj weren’t there most of the summer and obviously Washington wasn’t playing. But everyone is high on Hughes, rightfully so.

Good stuff. Really interested in seeing what Eli does. I'm hoping for some lava cake chants this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom