Jim Calhoun Back At Coaching And It's The Same As Ever | Syracusefan.com

Jim Calhoun Back At Coaching And It's The Same As Ever

NYCorange

2nd String
So apparently yesterday JC made his debut at St. Joeseph's, a small DIII college in conn. Apparently first year they've ever been co-ed or had a BB program. Apparently, 51 seconds into the game he called timeout, benched his best player. Slammed a chair at the end of the first half, chewed out his team down by 11 at half. They came out, went on a 22-4 run behind tenacious on ball defense and won the game.

I love it. I can see Boeheim doing the same exact thing. Retiring in 5 years, coming back to coach a DIII school because he can't stay away and then coaching the exact same way he has always done at Syracuse with a stifling 2-3 zone. People criticize the hard-ass coaching style, but it works--these old dudes know what they're doing.

Lots of ways to skin a cat. I couldn't see Jim retiring and coming back to coach Not Syracuse, though. Wouldn't we be talking about an 85 year-old JB, or something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know, I kinda feel bad for some of these guys who don’t know how to do anything else with themselves. I know a few long time, very successful high school coaches that are like that. They’re not the most well adjusted people. Kinda nutty, actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom