Jimmy and Buddy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy and Buddy

wS419nx.jpg

Think he gets redshirted if Battle returns and Hughes and Carey look good. His minutes probably have to come at the wing if that is the case and he likely isn't ready. Tacks a year onto JB's expected retirement date so he can pitch to a few more recruiting classes that he will still be around to coach them for at least 2/3 years.

When you are a fringe player only seeing short minutes JB does not have patience or room for error. Always a quick hook on those guys if they make a mental mistake. Thats where its kind of interesting. If hes only going to play 5-10 minutes a game what happens when he misses a three and then a rotation on D does he automatically sit for the rest of the night like anyone else would?
What are these missed shots by Buddy of which you speak?

All I know is I can't coach my kids. Have had many opportunities, a few of them really really tough to turn down. I know it just wouldn't be fair to the kid. Things that I would never dream of saying to other kids, I say without hesitating. The smallest of mistakes seem amplified when they're on him. You gotta know yourself. JB's been doing this a long time, and I've not seen many coaches who understands his players and the dynamic of his team the way he always seems to. I have to think this wasn't a flippant decision and I'll be very surprised to see the kid play minutes that aren't clearly earned.

I think JB will be tougher on Buddy than he will be on any other player, because his expectations for Buddy will be higher. Not necessarily about how many shots he makes, but taking "good" shots, not taking "bad" shots, defensive rotations etc. Buddy has been raised on the Boeheim system for his entire life, JB will expect that he executes it well.

Anyone think he gets special treatment being the coaches son and all? I don’t.
Why don’t we all just accept that he will have a Trevor Cooney career arc and be done with it? And to be clear, I’m not talking about shooting percentage. I’m talking about games played, minutes per game, regular season and tournament wins.

4 straight NC's. JB retires. Runs for, and is elected Governor of NYS. New retractable dome is built with state money. Buddy takes the helm.

That's not expecting too much, is it?

pigs-might-fly.jpg

Jimmy was Boeheimed all the way to Cornell.

Why don’t we all just accept that he will have a Trevor Cooney career arc and be done with it? And to be clear, I’m not talking about shooting percentage. I’m talking about games played, minutes per game, regular season and tournament wins.

I’ll go with Andy Rautins - since white guys absolutely must be compared with white guys.

Maybe Buddy will be the next Lawrence Moten or Preston Shumpert or Rafael Addison.

Moten shot 31 percent, hope he shoots better than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom