jimmy boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

jimmy boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if AG sticks around, is he looking at more of a guard role? Could JB convince him to come off the bench and play a Dion type role for us as well as play up top defensively?

So if AG sticks around, is he looking at more of a guard role? Could JB convince him to come off the bench and play a Dion type role for us as well as play up top defensively?
Joe
Buddy
Benny
Swider
Sidibe

AG
Edwards
Jimmy
Symir

I think our best bet having an extra “guard” is AG. He can play the 2 or 3, Jimmy the 3/4, Symir the 1/2. Would certainly give us a lot of versatility.

only real problem with that squad is there’s not a lot of ball handlers

Joe
Buddy
Benny
Swider
Sidibe

AG
Edwards
Jimmy
Symir

I think our best bet having an extra “guard” is AG. He can play the 2 or 3, Jimmy the 3/4, Symir the 1/2. Would certainly give us a lot of versatility.

With the exception of Benny, that group would be one of the most experienced teams in CBB.

Joe
Buddy
Benny
Swider
Sidibe

AG
Edwards
Jimmy
Symir

I don't see AG willing to come off the bench in a diminished roll. Of all the guys he seems the most likely to leave. I'm still holding out hope that Quincy comes back. That would really shore up the front line and is quite important for a solid season next year in my opinion. Really want Frank back too. Let's see.

I don't see AG willing to come off the bench in a diminished roll. Of all the guys he seems the most likely to leave. I'm still holding out hope that Quincy comes back. That would really shore up the front line and is quite important for a solid season next year in my opinion. Really want Frank back too. Let's see.

for sure...Q is the key

Joe
Buddy
Benny
Swider
Sidibe

AG
Edwards
Jimmy
Symir

And that is a problem

With the exception of Benny, that group would be one of the most experienced teams in CBB.
And very slow of foot, I imagine. Shooters all around, but what will ball handling and passing look like especially once teams press us full court...and they will!
The zone will mitigate a lot of defensive issues, but I worry that pressure defenses against us will shut us done. The team speed reminds me of a B1G team, and we all know how well that conference does in the Dance. We shall see.

Prediction...Griffin stays.starts and has an Elijah Hughes ball handling improvement over the offseason under GMac. Quincy hires an agent and Cole is the microwave off the bench.
Oh, and Jesse makes the leap to be our primary big man with Bourama as more of a mentor than major contributor. Jimmy to Hofstra ( thanks to Frozen for that one)
This could all change in 10 minutes in todays day and age.

I know this is a thread about Jimmy, but since some of you are bringing up Griff, I'll second or third or fourth the motion of how much I would be excited to have him back. He won me over, not only with his talent, but his reaction (at least what was shown on camera that I could see) to Boeheim's constant yank, pull, and yell.

Yeah, because people with a 4.0 in Business at Cornell will often then transfer to Hofstra for the Grad/Masters degree program there. :rolleyes:

I could see that. Jimmy isn't going to make basketball a career like Buddy. Why come here to be a backup unless there's some compelling educational reason to do so? Maybe theres some business program Hofstra has and he can pair it with being The Man on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom