Jimmy doesn't get to 20 wins | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy doesn't get to 20 wins

Edfromsodus

Scout Team
I was hoping for number 20.

If Lydon leaves, it will be a struggle to get to 15 wins next season with the current roster.

I'm not as down on next season as I once was.

- PG play can't get worse. It literally can't. If we have zero point guards next season, that's an improvement over what we had this season.
- If Lydon leaves, it's not as big of a loss as we're all imagining. Don't get me wrong, he's good and would be a great player next season, but he flat out did not play well on either end of the ball for most of the last half of the season. He was an ironman who contributed on both ends of the court for 40 minutes, but his contributions wouldn't be a tall task to replace.
- White's departure will be the biggest hit to the offense, but Battle looks like he can more than pick up a lot of that slack. Also, replacing White with one of the younger forwards makes the team more athletic as a whole. I'd argue that the defense is likely to be better than this year's D.

Brisset and Moyer will determine the team's ceiling next season.

If Lydon leaves, it will be a struggle to get to 15 wins next season with the current roster.
Lydon helped put the team in the hole in the first half with about 5-6 bunny misses. Terrible leadership.

I'm not as down on next season as I once was.

- PG play can't get worse. It literally can't. If we have zero point guards next season, that's an improvement over what we had this season.
- If Lydon leaves, it's not as big of a loss as we're all imagining. Don't get me wrong, he's good and would be a great player next season, but he flat out did not play well on either end of the ball for most of the last half of the season. He was an ironman who contributed on both ends of the court for 40 minutes, but his contributions wouldn't be a tall task to replace.
- White's departure will be the biggest hit to the offense, but Battle looks like he can more than pick up a lot of that slack. Also, replacing White with one of the younger forwards makes the team more athletic as a whole. I'd argue that the defense is likely to be better than this year's D.

Brisset and Moyer will determine the team's ceiling next season.

Point guard can get worse, he's a junior next year.

Lydon would be a devastating loss. He's our best player and Moyer and Brisset may never be as good as Lydon is now.

If our teams ceiling is based on Moyer and Brisset then I doubt we win 10 games.

Lydon helped put the team in the hole in the first half with about 5-6 bunny misses. Terrible leadership.
Has Rico been spotted most of the season?

Point guard can get worse, he's a junior next year.

Lydon would be a devastating loss. He's our best player and Moyer and Brisset may never be as good as Lydon is now.

If our teams ceiling is based on Moyer and Brisset then I doubt we win 10 games.

You're overvaluing Lydon's production. At the end of the season, Battle and White were both more valuable than he was. I love Lydon and have been a big supporter since his freshman season, but he is not an irreplaceable talent. Brisset and Moyer could combine to produce about as well as Lydon did this season. Considering I think Lydon will be back next season, that's pretty darn good.

Your last sentence is dumb. I wasn't saying they have to be the best players on the team.

Agreed, but the current roster won't be the roster for next season. We'll get some more players.

Lydon had 14 points and 9 rebounds at halftime. Weird take.
I could've sworn the "hole" we were in(we actually led, but should've been up 15) was more a result of Battle and White being like a combined 2-15 shooting on largely wide open looks.

Lydon would be a devastating loss. He's our best player and Moyer and Brisset may never be as good as Lydon is now. If our teams ceiling is based on Moyer and Brisset then I doubt we win 10 games.

Our best player this year was White. Without question.

Lydon may have more 'potential'.

Our best player this year was White. Without question.

Lydon may have more 'potential'.

White was our best scorer and that's not a debate. Lydon scored, played our best defense and rebounded the ball. He impacted a lot of games even without scoring.

Need Lydon back next year to have a chance to be relevant. It would suck to lose someone to the
nba who did not even have that good of a year. This is a guy who many thought should have carried us.

Lydon had 14 points and 9 rebounds at halftime. Weird take.
I could've sworn the "hole" we were in(we actually led, but should've been up 15) was more a result of Battle and White being like a combined 2-15 shooting on largely wide open looks.
Nobody took charge from the beginning of the game, that happened often this season. It should have been Lydon's job, like the captain. Whenever you miss easy shots, that takes the heart out of the team.

Nobody took charge from the beginning of the game, that happened often this season. It should have been Lydon's job, like the captain. Whenever you miss easy shots, that takes the heart out of the team.

Lydon had 14 points and 9 rebounds at halftime. In the game thread I jokingly said he "should have 21 and 12!" I knew one of you guys would show up at some point.

Blame him for disappearing in the 2nd half if you want. Blaming the one guy that showed up in the first half for his first half play(14 and 9!) is just bizarre.

Syracuse.com shutting down its forums was the worst thing ever for the quality of takes on this forum.

Lydon had 14 points and 9 rebounds at halftime. In the game thread I jokingly said he "should have 21 and 12!" I knew one of you guys would show up at some point.

Blame him for disappearing in the 2nd half if you want. Blaming the one guy that showed up in the first half for his first half play(14 and 9!) is just bizarre.

Syracuse.com shutting down its forums was the worst thing ever for the quality of takes on this forum.
During the first 5-8 minutes is what I'm talking about.When you set the tone for the game. But whatever you say, just another nasty attitude here.

During the first 5-8 minutes is what I'm talking about.When you set the tone for the game. But whatever you say, just another nasty attitude here.

If I have a "nasty attitude" it's due to all the horrid posts. Lydon was the only guy who showed up in the first half. Your post made no sense.

I wouldn't call losing our leading rebounder/shot blocker and second leading scorer on a bad team a ho hum loss, but what do I know.

Junior season players are usually better than first year players. By their second year you guys will be ready to throw them out of town too.

Yeah nasty attitude. How about facts.

Lydon had 4 misses from 2pt range ALL GAME, let alone the 5-6 you mentioned he opened the game with.

You will excuse us if your narrative annoys us, given how far it is from the actual facts at hand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom