Jimmy Fallon rooting for Syracuse. | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Fallon rooting for Syracuse.

Loose Nukes

Walk On
I'm watching the Late show and Jimmy Fallon just took a moment to give a shout out to the Syracuse Orange he said he's rooting for them. He specifically mentioned Rakeem Christmas and said he loves his name and especially that he chose the number 25. It was a nice little surprise.

I'm watching the Late show and Jimmy Fallon just took a moment to give a shout out to the Syracuse Orange he said he's rooting for them. He specifically mentioned Rakeem Christmas and said he loves his name and especially that he chose the number 25. It was a nice little surprise.
Time to find a clip of this...get it done!!

Did he say anything funny?
Now THAT would have been a surprise.

I suspect he may have had a 'Cuse alum on his staff?

Fallon looks like a younger William Shatner. He could do a great Star Trek spoof.
I think Shatner is available to do any and every Star Trek spoof offered, so no need for JF.

That's certainly possible - but he is a NYC guy and went to college in Albany, so maybe he latched onto Cuse as a fan a long time ago. I don't really know, but it's plausible.

Well, my exhaustive Googling (read: about 3 minutes) has revealed that he had a TRF major as an intern in 2011 named Allie Ditkowich. That's the only SU connection I've dug up so far, though. Like I said, it's just some seriously exhaustive research I'm doing here.

EDIT: Wait, found another one. Julia Aubuchon is an assistant to the segment producers on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and graduated from Syracuse in 2009. She's also worked as an audience coordinator for the show and as an NBC page, so she probably knows Kenneth from 30 Rock too.

That's certainly possible - but he is a NYC guy and went to college in Albany, so maybe he latched onto Cuse as a fan a long time ago. I don't really know, but it's plausible.

He probably road-tripped to Syracuse like we did to Albany.