JJ Starling | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling

Think the key will be his ability to go get elite talent and not be afraid to recruit over guys that are not preforming or cant cut it.
this will determine if red makes it to a second contract. The roster needs to be upgraded across the board. The other X factor is getting players who will buy in and sniffing that out.

Last edited:
In recent history Kentucky teams are usually ranked and in contention. Despite J B being experienced and a respected Hall of Famer we were seldom ranked or in serious contention for a natty. JB's 2 recent final fours were a testament to coaching but in the end we were beat by superior talent.
Yet UCONN wins with a nut for a coach and they were bot the best team on paper. The tournament is a huge wildcard and the overall number one seed rarely wins.

Over his last 4 games, Starling is 7 for 12 from three, and is averaging nearly 15 ppg, with a total of 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals and blocked shot over those games.
Very very encouraging. Seems like him and Judah are getting more comfortable playing with each other. Need this version of JJ in conference play if we’re going to make the tourney.

This feels like Dajuan Coleman. Apolgies, I’m sure there is a thread this should be combined with.

McDonald’s American with either confidence lost, wasn’t that good, or is hurt? What is it?

This feels like Dajuan Coleman. Apolgies, I’m sure there is a thread this should be combined with.

McDonald’s American with either confidence lost, wasn’t that good, or is hurt? What is it?
Is this really necessary? This kid is someone’ child. It amazes me how utterly cruel some people on this board can be commenting on players. Judah usually takes the brunt of such foolishness, and I’m actually I’m actually disgusted with any pejorative comments made on any kid. You are clearly not a Syracuse fan if you can only tear guys down. There’s a way to go about making comments, criticism or whatever without being cruel. I hope JJ and all the guys develop and play to their potential. I support them whether they win or lose.

Is this really necessary? This kid is someone’ child. It amazes me how utterly cruel some people on this board can be commenting on players. Judah usually takes the brunt of such foolishness, and I’m actually I’m actually disgusted with any pejorative comments made on any kid. You are clearly not a Syracuse fan if you can only tear guys down. There’s a way to go about making comments, criticism or whatever without being cruel. I hope JJ and all the guys develop and play to their potential. I support them whether they win or lose.
Wow I didn’t realize my comment was that insensitive. I love Syracuse sports. I love JJ. Wasn’t my intention. If it came across that way I’m really sorry. Don’t really appreciate the attack though. Thought this was a message board.

Wow I didn’t realize my comment was that insensitive. I love Syracuse sports. I love JJ. Wasn’t my intention. If it came across that way I’m really sorry. Don’t really appreciate the attack though. Thought this was a message board.

It wasn't. Whatever the case (questions you raised) the fact of the matter is, two local Mickey D products haven't produced (still time for JJ) anywhere near the expectation level of one that makes such an elite list.

Not to mention, these are not kids, but as a matter of fact, young adults. And, especially nowadays, these young adults with all of the privileges, perks, NIL, etc., etc. afforded to them that many others don't have the luxury of, they clearly should be subject to fair, objective, constructive, etc. criticisms.

Hopefully this a game he can make more of an impact. I think he get to the rim as easy as i see anyone on the team do. His shooting has been better as of late. I'm excited to watch all the players grow as we get deeper in conference play. We need a big win somewhere and this is an opportunity. Let get it going!!!!

The big difference is JJ is an underclassman and still has plenty of time to come into his own.

There’s loads of potential in this young man, even if it’s not fully actualized in his Soph season.
But anyway he chose to come home and support his hometown team, so im going to chose to give that energy back.

There is a lot of time left even in this season for him to show he belongs.

Me personally im just going to let this young team play and figure it out, instead of dragging down players game to game based on their performance. I trust Red and respect his players, our guys.

Wow I didn’t realize my comment was that insensitive. I love Syracuse sports. I love JJ. Wasn’t my intention. If it came across that way I’m really sorry. Don’t really appreciate the attack though. Thought this was a message boa

It wasn't. Whatever the case (questions you raised) the fact of the matter is, two local Mickey D products haven't produced (still time for JJ) anywhere near the expectation level of one that makes such an elite list.

Not to mention, these are not kids, but as a matter of fact, young adults. And, especially nowadays, these young adults with all of the privileges, perks, NIL, etc., etc. afforded to them, they clearly should be subject to fair, objective, constructive, etc. criticisms

I think it’s a grandparent and I agree with you.
Gotta be hard as a family member to read some stuff on here.
If that’s the case i’m truly sorry. Can imagine it might be extremely difficult to hear comments like mine. I’ve been rooting for JJ, and maybe insensitively, threw out a comparison that I thought was apt.

I’m sorry if it was overboard. Thought it was a legitimate post. Really want JJ to come into his own and love his experience here.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Dajuan's issues mostly injuries? He could hardly get up and down the court during his senior year if I remember correctly? I feel like he should get a pass.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Dajuan's issues mostly injuries? He could hardly get up and down the court during his senior year if I remember correctly? I feel like he should get a pass.
I brought up being hurt. Was part of my point.

Idk what that poster's relation to Judah is but nothing good is going to come from being on this board.
his Agent ?
mintz and J.J. to me bring pretty much the same game to the table. i'd rotate those two riding the hot hand and maybe try to work copeland and taylor at the two. starling is currently 5th in the ACC mpg and judah sits at 19. red has options. try some different combos to get those numbers down.

Last edited:
If that’s the case i’m truly sorry. Can imagine it might be extremely difficult to hear comments like mine. I’ve been rooting for JJ, and maybe insensitively, threw out a comparison that I thought was apt.

I’m sorry if it was overboard. Thought it was a legitimate post. Really want JJ to come into his own and love his experience here.
There was nothing wrong with your post at all. It was a really weird one for a family member of a different player to attack. The only thing they are going to get from reading this board is angry.

I've caught portions of a few games this year. The first exhibition when Judah didn't play, Red put the ball in Starling's hands and he ran the team. Granted it was an exhibition game but I thought he played decent in that role.

Has there been any extended runs during the real games this year where Red gave JJ that same role? The other night when Judah didn't start against BC, it seemed to be Copeland with the ball in his hands a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom