Joe Bonamassa | Syracusefan.com

Joe Bonamassa

SUFaninNJ

Living Legend
I just saw Joe Bonamassa in concert last night and the show was fantastic. His tour is called the Three Kings Tour playing the music of Freddie King, Albert King and BB King. The band is 11 musicians who are at the top of their game. Some of the best musicians anywhere. They'll be at SPAC tomorrow and then will work their way westward finishing at the Greek Theater in LA. Nice Central New York connections as well. Joe's from New Hartford. His trumpet player (who used to play with Tower of Power amongst others) lived in Cicero for awhile. One of their 2 sax players is a Jamesville-DeWitt graduate. Treat yourself to some great music and go if you can.

Just to clarify, Joe grew up in Yorkville, NY.

Joe's awesome, have seen him the last three times he's been around, just cant swing the cash needed for the show at SPAC. A bit steep to say the least.

Just to clarify, Joe grew up in Yorkville, NY.

I was just going by what my uncle told me. I just knew it was the Utica area. I was born in St. E's myself.

Joe's awesome, have seen him the last three times he's been around, just cant swing the cash needed for the show at SPAC. A bit steep to say the least.

I waited it out on SeatGeek and bought tix that started at about $150 for $50 day of show.

SUFaninNJ said:
I was just going by what my uncle told me. I just knew it was the Utica area. I was born in St. E's myself.

It isn't too far, but technically in Whitestown. I am 6 years older than him and delivered the Sunday paper to their house when he was a little guy. I have a story of the first time I heard him play while he was rehearsing for his performance at his 6th grade graduation. It was insane. I may have told it on here before.

he's got another Plege special running on PBS this month . . . this is an acoustic set from Carnegie Hall. it features an unbelievable duet with Chinese cellist Tina Guo. I can't find the Carnegie version online, but here is another one from the tour. The skill levels on display are unbelievable