Joe Girard - 28 points, 6-10 from three, 7 assists | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard - 28 points, 6-10 from three, 7 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’ll be that guy:

Did he *have* to play all 40?
The Office Yes GIF

But the thing is, he was guarded by one of the most athletic guys he’s ever faced and didn’t let it effect him at all.

I’ve been harsh on Joe for much of his career, but he was stellar today. Much better effort on defense, and knew every shot he took was going in, or damned close. Fun to watch.
His game is evolving a lot this year. He never used to back guys down in the paint. He took a Buddy type of jump this year where instead of launching 3's (which he still does) he is also going to the paint a ton and using savvy and a dash of moxie in there.

His game is evolving a lot this year. He never used to back guys down in the paint. He took a Buddy type of jump this year where instead of launching 3's (which he still does) he is also going to the paint a ton and using savvy and a dash of moxie in there.
He’s doing a much better job than I expected at creating separation too. He’s just shifty? Is that the weird. He’s finding a way to get space. It’s fun to watch.

As a whole this team is far more fun to watch than most we’ve had over the last few years.

Haha yea. For all the bashing he gets he sure has the ability to have games like this. I just wish he could be more consistent from 3. There are many that he missed throughout the season in games we lost, that had he made them would have put us in position to win. Praying the team plays like this going forward and we finish ACC at 13-7 or better.

After today he is back up to 38 pct from 3. The thing he is doing is quickly shifting his game inside when there is nothing available outside. He is only averaging one more 3pt attempt per game more than last year despite average 3.5 more shots overall.

What. A. Game.

Has to be the best performance of his career.

Hat's off to Joe.
I’m as big a critic of him as anyone. What he did today that I’ve not previously seen from him, is that after he got hot, he continued to be selective in his shot attempts so he continued to remain hot. He generally shoot’s himself out of a hot streak by jacking up crappy shots after he gets rolling. You may say that he still took a lot of very long distance shots today, but they were open and with his feet set. I don’t consider those shots bad for him.

A lot of people have been really unfair to Joe over his career but that was a hell of a performance from him. He’s really pushed himself this year.
As much as people have complained about Joe those same people will miss him when he’s gone. Many thought he was a D-2 player when he was a frosh but he’s grown into a really good player.

One good thing about NIL is it can play a role in players like Joe stay because he could make as much here as he would oversees. It’s no longer I need to leave and start a career thing - ‘careers’ start in college - even better is it’s expense free - room and board is covered!

One good thing about NIL is it can play a role in players like Joe stay because he could make as much here as he would oversees. It’s no longer I need to leave and start a career thing - ‘careers’ start in college - even better is it’s expense free - room and board is covered!
And a master's degree, or the beginnings of one.

Joe staying is not good for JT’s development, IMO.
I also think Joe might make money overseas.

What. A. Game.

Has to be the best performance of his career.

Hat's off to Joe.

He's been playing great when he backs down into the paint. Plus hitting the 3s is always a good thing!

What is his major?

Joe staying is not good for JT’s development, IMO.
I also think Joe might make money overseas.

JT can do the same things any 2G can playing the "3" that he needs to develop.

We need to be winning a lot more to be nitpicky over such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom