Joe Girard - 28 points, 6-10 from three, 7 assists | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard - 28 points, 6-10 from three, 7 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people have been really unfair to Joe over his career but that was a hell of a performance from him. He’s really pushed himself this year.

I think when we view his career in hindsight -- especially given the senior season he's put together -- we're going to remember him fondly, despite the past few years not being up to parity for our program.

And who knows? Maybe he runs it back next year -- I'd welcome him back.

I think when we view his career in hindsight -- especially given the senior season he's put together -- we're going to remember him fondly, despite the past few years not being up to parity for our program.

And who knows? Maybe he runs it back next year -- I'd welcome him back.

He’s 22, 23 in November. Not to be a downer but at that age I’d be ready for the next thing in my life. But…I wouldn’t be mad if he stayed.

I think he was angling for a big rap career, you KNOW the scene heard about this game on their turf.

Jamming Big Boi GIF by Outkast

I have no inside knowledge but think it's better than 50/50 he comes back. His next steps are overseas and coaching, and those will be there no matter what in another year. Why not rewrite some ACC and Syracuse records with the extra year?

There were some times today when his body language looked like he was going up against randos from his high school days.
But the thing is, he was guarded by one of the most athletic guys he’s ever faced and didn’t let it effect him at all.

I’ve been harsh on Joe for much of his career, but he was stellar today. Much better effort on defense, and knew every shot he took was going in, or damned close. Fun to watch.

Love the stat line but we need this against the Miami's of the world. I just wish at this point we can see some sort of enlightenment moment in terms of season trajectory and some kind of indication that the team has "figured it out".

I saw that kind of reaction/mentality/energy after Joe made a big play in the first half and we started to separate ourselves from them. He was fired up, the team was fired up- it had the feel of "let's play our asses off and get in the tourney". I really felt that from this game.

There were some times today when his body language looked like he was going up against randos from his high school days.
Did anyone notice on the replay of Joe hitting the big 3, the security guard sitting in the corner of the court shaking his head. Pastner probably felt the same way. Just like the Section 2 coaches felt when Joe would torch them for 50 or 60. Nothing they could do.

Did anyone notice on the replay of Joe hitting the big 3, the security guard sitting in the corner of the court shaking his head. Pastner probably felt the same way. Just like the Section 2 coaches felt when Joe would torch them for 50 or 60. Nothing they could do.
Haha yea. For all the bashing he gets he sure has the ability to have games like this. I just wish he could be more consistent from 3. There are many that he missed throughout the season in games we lost, that had he made them would have put us in position to win. Praying the team plays like this going forward and we finish ACC at 13-7 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom