Joe girard clutch? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe girard clutch?

A heave with 3 seconds to go on shot clock that happens to go in isnt clutch.

I’m having a debate with my friends I think Joe girard is clutch they don’t. Opinions?
He's no GMac. Maybe, just maybe he will be next year.

A heave with 3 seconds to go on shot clock that happens to go in isnt clutch.

im not a huge joe girard fan but that was a clutch shot. Lucky maybe but it was a key shot in a key moment and it went in. No credible argument to the counter.

He’s a walking heat check.
I wouldn’t say he’s clutch just yet but he does appear to have the “clutch gene”, which is usually accompanied by clutch tendencies.
I think he’s gonna hit some big shots for us in years to come. JMHO

AG not clutch either and has butterfingers
Disagree with this. Ball in his hands if we are down three. Ball in Quincy's hand if it's one or two down to the wire.

I would say the jury is still out on JGIII being clutch. I hope he becomes clutch because I do know that he wants to be the guy taking the last shot. It's what he knows. GMac was clutch from the start. I also agree that Ennis was clutch and I would suggest that Scoop was clutch. I would also suggest that right now SU has 4 guys that want to take the last shot. Good and bad situation, but mostly good imo.

yeah JG could be clutch, jury is still out - I would say the shot on Sat night as well as his shot last year at Miami to force OT were pretty clutch - but yeah there's also contrasting evidence too

yeah JG could be clutch, jury is still out - I would say the shot on Sat night as well as his shot last year at Miami to force OT were pretty clutch - but yeah there's also contrasting evidence too
He was also clutch at the end of last year's game at Notre Dame, according to a Syracuse dot com article:

"Girard scored 15 points, including a pair of clutch free throws that sealed the win with 9.5 seconds remaining. He also chased down a career-high nine rebounds, tied his season-high with three steals, doled out four assists and didn’t turn the ball once while playing the entire 40 minutes. 'We haven’t had too many freshman point guards do what he’s done,' SU coach Jim Boeheim said."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom