Joe Girard. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career

I didn't hate Joe and thought he was more a combo guard than a point or shooting guard. He also would have thrived coming off the bench if we had a good deep team with legit point guards while he was here. I do wish that he came to play in the same shape and excellent conditioning that he was in at Clemson. He definitely should be able to play overseas, but a job at Siena, if there are any openings left, would get him started on the road to coaching.

Unfortunate for Joe that he was a recruit & player for the final years of JB that now looking back was one of his worst 4 year stretches as a coach.

If Joe was around at a different time, he would be talked about much differently around here. However he was forced into a tough spot and did everything he could. It's good for the player that he found success in his final year, just a shame it didn't happen here.

I didn't hate Joe and thought he was more a combo guard than a point or shooting guard. He also would have thrived coming off the bench if we had a good deep team with legit point guards while he was here. I do wish that he came to play in the same shape and excellent conditioning that he was in at Clemson. He definitely should be able to play overseas, but a job at Siena, if there are any openings left, would get him started on the road to coaching.
Is the improved conditioning due to Joe or perhaps Clemson's S&C program?

Is the improved conditioning due to Joe or perhaps Clemson's S&C program?

Go to the 2:30 mark of the video and he talks about being on a diet! Hahaha. There was also a Brad Brownell interview during their summer workout sessions in that warm South Carolina heat that he talks about having Joe get pushed more than in the past because they wanted him at a certain weight to be able to play man-to-man defense, and that was ultimately a 15 pound reduction.

Go to the 2:30 mark of the video and he talks about being on a diet! Hahaha. There was also a Brad Brownell interview during their summer workout sessions in that warm South Carolina heat that he talks about having Joe get pushed more than in the past because they wanted him at a certain weight to be able to play man-to-man defense, and that was ultimately a 15 pound reduction.
That’s all we were saying!!!

That’s all we were saying!!!
Calm Down Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors