Joe Girard. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career

Hypothetical...
Let's say GMac gets the Siena job during JG3's Senior year of HS. Does Joe go to Siena to play for a hero of his near his hometown... or does he still go play for JB and his favorite college growing up?
C'mon Jordville, you are a much more informed poster than that. But I will cut you some slack. Even though he had offers from Cuse, Duke and Wahington, among other top schools, his recruiting ranking wasn't that high. I forget the exact number but not a normal number to get a Duke offer.

But this was never going to be a CJ McCollum going to Lehigh deal. JG3 had an offer from Michigan in 9th or 10th grade.

C'mon Jordville, you are a much more informed poster than that. But I will cut you some slack. Even though he had offers from Cuse, Duke and Wahington, among other top schools, his recruiting ranking wasn't that high. I forget the exact number but not a normal number to get a Duke offer.

But this was never going to be a CJ McCollum going to Lehigh deal. JG3 had an offer from Michigan in 9th or 10th grade.
It was just for fun... I guess I got caught up in the GMac coaching hype and Joe being the hometown hero. I'm happy for Gerry to get his first HC gig and for Joe's college career. Now back to the portal... LGO!

Not true. Just going from my own perspective. And I was only talking about high school. Vermont doesn’t allow a player to even compete in more than 4 years of varsity spoerts. You can start as an 8th grader, but you’re done after junior year. Lots of kids end up at high schools not associated with their middle school. Why do those players get discriminated against in the record books despite being potentially better players? That might not apply to Joe, but it’s certainly not a level playing field.

As the NFL increases the number of games, they don’t adjust season records for the additional games. The only league that ever did it was MLB to Maris…and they got hammered for it. While your complaint is arguably valid, the rest of the world has decided it’s irrelevant and moved on.

As the NFL increases the number of games, they don’t adjust season records for the additional games. The only league that ever did it was MLB to Maris…and they got hammered for it. While your complaint is arguably valid, the rest of the world has decided it’s irrelevant and moved on.
Fair

We had two overzealous guys at the local paper looking to win awards by going after free spaghetti and cheap car leases.
Wouldn’t it have been easier to pay for your own spaghetti and not accept a car lease? The rules back then were quite cut and dry.

Wouldn’t it have been easier to pay for your own spaghetti and not accept a car lease? The rules back then were quite cut and dry.

Not the cars those dudes drove.

"If we did what Colgate did to get and keep Adonal Foyle, we would have gone on probation" - a coach on the SU staff to me while I was at SU as a student.
Like his parents being profs there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom