Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...

This is a take. Even the goofiest cliche-spewing D-team ex-athlete on the ACC Network just raised his eyebrows at that.

Pretty sure every on-air personality out there has gotten some extensive professional development along the way.
Greg Paulus got a master's in broadcast to use his 5th year to play football at Cuse, FWIW

Um...

This is a take. Even the goofiest cliche-spewing D-team ex-athlete on the ACC Network just raised his eyebrows at that.

Pretty sure every on-air personality out there has gotten some extensive professional development along the way.
Jay bilas? Political science and JD

Corey Alexander? Psychology

LaPhonso Ellis? Accounting

Bill Walton? History

Sean Farnham? History

Corey Williams? Political Science

Even Fran Fraschilla? American history

The professional training of color guys (which Joe is best first for and probably targeting) is likely done after they are recruited to ESPN

He might want to go into coaching, having a master's helps with that, having a master's in broadcast could help him with camera presence, give him some studio practice, teach him the ABCs, maybe learn some video editing skills, refine writing skills, it's gonna help him, definitely not hurt plus he's got to go to school for something to be eligible for year 5
I understand everything it could offer, I’m just giving my two cents, likely some more value elsewhere but to each their own.

I've always been impressed with your ability to make the #s say what you want them to say. It's true he finished 11th in minutes at 34.7 but nearly all of the ten guys ahead of him averaged less than a minute more than JG. In other words his #s were essentially right in line with those other players. So yeah he was near the top of the ACC in terms of minutes played. You can go through D-1 roster after roster and most guys (even far more accomplished than JG) do not play 35 min a night.
Hes a crafty one:) Jim played Joe more than necessary. I would have liked to see him more in the 25 range unless he was hot

If Joe can get a degree from Stanford he would be crazy not to go there. He obviously isnt playing in the NBA . Maybe he makes a living off shore but a degree from Stanford will set him up for life after his playing days are over better than any other school on his list
i guess the fans don't understand that a degree from a major college is gold.
they like to pretend the kids are playing for free.when life gives you a gift take it.

they like to pretend the kids are playing for free.when life gives you a gift take it.
Not worth playing on that bouncy floor with all the extra lines from the ten other sports they play on that court

What are the most respected 1-year graduate degrees?

well pickle ball is currently more popular than hoops for my boomer generation. and according to statistics people with grad degrees earn approx 4 x that of a HSD with a much lower unemployment rate. just saying.

Last edited:
They were 5-5 in their last 10
None of the 5 wins were over probable tourney teams.

Facts.
Didn’t we beat UNC in the ACC tourney then it was shut down, or do I mis-remember that?

Yep... UNC was terrible that year.

14-19.

last place in the acc
we beat the last seed. big whoop. we weren't going to the tourney. i'm frankly amazed at how kids who weren't going to the tourney anyways get an extra covid year when basically that year was over. effs up all the stats with an asterisk.

Jay bilas? Political science and JD

Corey Alexander? Psychology

LaPhonso Ellis? Accounting

Bill Walton? History

Sean Farnham? History

Corey Williams? Political Science

Even Fran Fraschilla? American history

The professional training of color guys (which Joe is best first for and probably targeting) is likely done after they are recruited to ESPN
Again, how would anyone here know what Joe might want to do or be good at in the world of journalism. Lots of Master’s degree options which are not behind the microphone. https://newhouse.syr.edu/academics/programs/
The way people pigeon hole others with no basis is disturbing.

we beat the last seed. big whoop. we weren't going to the tourney. i'm frankly amazed at how kids who weren't going to the tourney anyways get an extra covid year when basically that year was over. effs up all the stats with an asterisk.
they extra year was also for the next year where teams missed multiple games. not to mention all the other sports. I had no issue with it at all.

but yeah we weren’t going to the tourney that year, we weren’t going when Jesse got injured, we weren’t going when Buddy got suspended. It was common and expected retconning though. I literally said it at the time it would happen.

Again, how would anyone here know what Joe might want to do or be good at in the world of journalism. Lots of Master’s degree options which are not behind the microphone. https://newhouse.syr.edu/academics/programs/
The way people pigeon hole others with no basis is disturbing.
I truly couldn’t care less what he chooses. If it’s broadcasting my point stands on experience trumping college training. If it’s not, my other point stands - go to the best named school you can in case basketball doesn’t work out.

If Joe wants broadcasting, he can go to the training program at Newhouse that several former players participate in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom