Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina | Syracusefan.com

Joe Moglia, Coastal Carolina

richard levy

2nd String
successful HC, and former management at Ameritrade, so he probably has his own money

Stop. Please. I will lose my sh** if we hire a 66 year old with limited experience from Coastal Carolina.

No. Hell no. A thousand times no.
what is this , goldilocks and the three bears, younger than Boeheim, he comes here turns it around, and Hopkins takes over.
took over program that had been .500 for most of 5 years. goes 8-5, 12--2, 12-3. Hey but I hear Les Miles will be available

Last edited:
what is this , goldilocks and the three bears, younger than Boeheim, he comes here turns it around, and Hopkins takes over
Bar Tender! I'll have what he is having!

Stop. Please. I will lose my sh** if we hire a 66 year old with limited experience from Coastal Carolina.

Exactly! No way in hell!

Czar said:
If we hire him, we should just fold up the program.

He could literally get Ameritrade to fund a new one. Not advocating for the guy, but cmon.

He is probably a freakin multi- 100 million dollar guy, could pay for dome renovations

Then why is everyone pumping Scott Frost's tires? Because he was an option QB and nebraska and played in the league? Or because he is an OC at Oregon and absolutely no east coast ties? How did the last time we hired a coordinator turn out?

RICuse44 said:
Then why is everyone pumping Scott Frost's tires? Because he was an option QB and nebraska and played in the league? Or because he is an OC at Oregon and absolutely no east coast ties? How did the last time we hired a coordinator turn out?

The last time we hired an OC he went .500 and got a job as an NFL HC.

I don't know any other OC's that have been hired here going back to the 80's.

if we do the opposite of everything that hasn't worked here, we're going to end up hiring a softball coach named suzyn because we will have crossed off everything else

if we do the opposite of everything that hasn't worked here, we're going to end up hiring a softball coach named suzyn because we will have crossed off everything else

Now I have to go add Suzyn Waldman to the thread about worst possible head coaching hires.

The last time we hired an OC he went .500 and got a job as an NFL HC.

I don't know any other OC's that have been hired here going back to the 80's.

we just fired the last college coordinator we hired.

i'm not saying that taking a OC or DC is the wrong strategy. as millhouse points out we can't let what went wrong/right in the past dictate the present. what i am saying though is that in my opinion the jump form a OC/DC to a HC is a huge one and is more like a CEO than a coach. You go from being an employee to having employees. tradition dictates you hire an up and coming OC/DC from a high profile school if you are us and a HC from a lower profile school if you are the Notre Dames of the world. i frankly don't know if this is the right answer and am open to some alternative lines of thought.

This guy is my top choice. So he is old, big deal. He could still coach here for 5-10 years easily. He is not your typical meathead. Our hire probably has a 50% chance of being a good hire. This guy has succeeded in everything he does. He finds better ways to do things. He needs a shot to show his way works in the P5 and I hope we are the team that gives it to him.

Frankly, he is the only guy out that that excites me. I love the way he thinks. Frost? That guy has gigantic bust written all over him, sorry to say.

we just fired the last college coordinator we hired.

i'm not saying that taking a OC or DC is the wrong strategy. as millhouse points out we can't let what went wrong/right in the past dictate the present. what i am saying though is that in my opinion the jump form a OC/DC to a HC is a huge one and is more like a CEO than a coach. You go from being an employee to having employees. tradition dictates you hire an up and coming OC/DC from a high profile school if you are us and a HC from a lower profile school if you are the Notre Dames of the world. i frankly don't know if this is the right answer and am open to some alternative lines of thought.

Hiring your own Coordinator doesn't count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom