Joe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say I sometimes crucify Joe on here for his lack of try on defense. Well last night he had a lot of try. I will gladly eat crow cause he did well defensively and about as good as I have seen. All I have said is he wouldnt be active and get hands up but he sure as hell did last night. Thank ur for proving me wrong Joe. Please keep up the good work. I truly enjoyed watching him play last night. The whole team really. Ps. Love brown. He has a knack for all the little things. He got us back into it in first half with like 4 to 5 possessions of doing everything good. Great game team.

For a lot of players, early buckets = more energy on D.

That’s not just Joe by any means. He made some tough shots early and I think it pumped him up for the D energy.

He’s still what he is on D due to physical limitations, but energy and understanding assignments can get you to be decent.

For a lot of players, early buckets = more energy on D.

That’s not just Joe by any means. He made some tough shots early and I think it pumped him up for the D energy.

He’s still what he is on D due to physical limitations, but energy and understanding assignments can get you to be decent.
I totally get that. But in say a game he doesn’t shoot well, our guys should be pushing him to step up d not play bad in both. I guess his lack of trying bothered me more cause he is supposed to be our leader. I hoped it would be like a poor man’s Andy rautins. I know andy was way better athletically wise but on bad shooting nights his defense stepped up and his hands were never down. Joe can do it. He has to wanna teach the young kids about working hard all the time. No one expects 3 blocks 4 steals and 10 boards. Effort is all it takes.

I totally get that. But in say a game he doesn’t shoot well, our guys should be pushing him to step up d not play bad in both. I guess his lack of trying bothered me more cause he is supposed to be our leader. I hoped it would be like a poor man’s Andy rautins. I know andy was way better athletically wise but on bad shooting nights his defense stepped up and his hands were never down. Joe can do it. He has to wanna teach the young kids about working hard all the time. No one expects 3 blocks 4 steals and 10 boards. Effort is all it takes.

I don’t want to pile on Joe bc he was our mvp this game.

He’s who he is now. He’s been here a while.

I would trade Andy for Joe ten times out of ten if I could. I would trade two Joes for one Andy.

I’m not sure why Joe would be considered the leader just bc he’s a senior. No knock on him.

He just needs to keep hitting shots. That’s all.

I get your point about trying on D, but I’m guessing it’s hit or miss thru the season.

Just need to keep banking wins. Joe is who he is.

I don’t want to pile on Joe bc he was our mvp this game.

He’s who he is now. He’s been here a while.

I would trade Andy for Joe ten times out of ten if I could. I would trade two Joes for one Andy.

I’m not sure why Joe would be considered the leader just bc he’s a senior. No knock on him.

He just needs to keep hitting shots. That’s all.

I get your point about trying on D, but I’m guessing it’s hit or miss thru the season.

Just need to keep banking wins. Joe is who he is.
I just hope this is his turning point cause I was impressed last night. His offense had nothing to do with it for me. He played tough d and that’s all I can ask.

I just hope this is his turning point cause I was impressed last night. His offense had nothing to do with it for me. He played tough d and that’s all I can ask.
Hey, if it is, bodes very well for us.

Joe isn't uber athletic but sneaky athletic and is in a bad spot on a team where his glaring limitations makes it difficult for him to be the guy. He can be a little lazy on D and is really bad overall when his offense isn't there, and tends to mope and hang his head when the shots aren't falling. But, the freshmen are getting better and so are the upperclassmen we rely on. As everyone gets better and continue to step up, less pressure and attention will free up Joe to play within himself.

Lol. The 5’10 kids who never got off the bench on my JV b-ball team could grab the rim. Suggesting a D-1 starting guard can’t is maybe the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read here, lol.
Not an exaggeration either. It might be. I am 5’10” and could grab the rim the last time I tried. Which to be fair was like 2 years ago. But I’m also over 215, and 32. In fact, I’m going to try tmrw when I play.

Gotta say I sometimes crucify Joe on here for his lack of try on defense. Well last night he had a lot of try. I will gladly eat crow cause he did well defensively and about as good as I have seen. All I have said is he wouldnt be active and get hands up but he sure as hell did last night. Thank ur for proving me wrong Joe. Please keep up the good work. I truly enjoyed watching him play last night. The whole team really. Ps. Love brown. He has a knack for all the little things. He got us back into it in first half with like 4 to 5 possessions of doing everything good. Great game team.
The bad mouthing of Joe's defense has became a board mantra. Cornell was making 3s from every spot on the arc, but so many target Joe.

The bad mouthing of Joe's defense has became a board mantra. Cornell was making 3s from every spot on the arc, but so many target Joe.
If u read my initial post and my other ones u would see I said he actually played good d. More than that he was trying

If u read my initial post and my other ones u would see I said he actually played good d. More than that he was trying
I was adding to your post, not accusing you.

I'm a fairly light in weight 6'1, good athlete, but apparently not a basketball player, because I have never quite touched the rim.

like gerry and buddy. good college players. won't sniff the draft. not athletic enuf.

C’mon dude. That’s nuts. People who’ve never played or been around D1 sports have idea how athletic you need to be to play.

Our walk-ons would dominate inter murals.

One of the best athletes I went to school with tried out to be a walk-on for Boeheim back in the early 80s. Made it through the preliminary tryouts as a PG.

Said at the next level he simply couldn’t compete.
I agree with you for the most part. However, our walk ons would not dominate intramurals.

Not an exaggeration either. It might be. I am 5’10” and could grab the rim the last time I tried. Which to be fair was like 2 years ago. But I’m also over 215, and 32. In fact, I’m going to try tmrw when I play.
So, how did the rim attempt go?

I played tonight and hit some off balance threes, but at 53.75 years of age, I’m not getting any rim at this point. Despite being 6’2” ish

So, how did the rim attempt go?

I played tonight and hit some off balance threes, but at 53.75 years of age, I’m not getting any rim at this point. Despite being 6’2” ish
Not well. I also did not attempt until the end, after several games. Fresh, hoping could at least graze. Def not a solid grab like 2 years ago. But the fact someone thinks Joe can't is still hilarious.

Hammy is still in tact though most importantly.

Last edited:
I agree with you for the most part. However, our walk ons would not dominate intramurals.

I'd take the bet they would, even as rough as they have looked. Just go to cuse.com and read up on the bios of our Walk Ons and what they did playing hoops before cuse. Then come on back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom