Johhnie fans want the Cuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Johhnie fans want the Cuse

A strong St. Johns is good for college basketball - I hope they can become consistently good again. I'd rather beat them as a Top 25 team than a team without a pulse.

I prefer them to be weak. If they are strong they will compete with us for NYC recruits. Since we are no longer in the same conference, it does not help our RPI if they are strong.

A strong St. Johns is good for college basketball - I hope they can become consistently good again. I'd rather beat them as a Top 25 team than a team without a pulse.

I prefer them to be weak. If they are strong they will compete with us for NYC recruits. Since we are no longer in the same conference, it does not help our RPI if they are strong.

Non-issue. We recruit nationally; NYC isn't a focus area despite its geographic proximity [as evidenced by the relatively few number of NYC recruits we've brought in over the years].

Non-issue. We recruit nationally; NYC isn't a focus area despite its geographic proximity [as evidenced by the relatively few number of NYC recruits we've brought in over the years].

You're right. Even SJU hasn't recruited NYC much under Lavin. Look at SJU's and Cuse's rosters. How many NYC recruits among them. SJU has zero new Yorkers except for Juco Orlando Sanchez who only played JC ball in NYC and Obekpa who prepped at OSNA. No other NYC players.

The NYC recruiting scene looks to be weak over next few years as well. Not much besides Diallo, Bryant and one or two others.

SJU fans are morons. They were booing the Fordham dance team during their game yesterday. I went to the holiday festival yesterday and I saw a surprising amount of Cuse gear in the stands (mostly just people with hats on, probably bought the package just to get Cuse tickets). Wouldn't be surprised to see the lower bowl have an equal amount of 'Cuse-Johnnies fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom