John Beilein to Cleveland Cavs / Juwan Howard to Michigan | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

John Beilein to Cleveland Cavs / Juwan Howard to Michigan

More Juwan’s and Penny’s. Less Hurley’s.

And Stack's* (even though he breaks from the alumni trend)

I like these hires. You get guys with legit NBA playing experience that have some star power when they walk into a recruit's living room and from an X's and O's and player development perspective Stack, Juwan and Penny all have experience working closely with some of the best basketball minds in the world in the NBA.

Woah, just timeout bro...
View attachment 163890
The timeout gets all the attention, but the blatant travel for no reason after the rebound and then dribbling directly to the corner allowing himself to get trapped were so, so bad. He really lost his mind there, which was unfortunate because he was such a great player.

Howard would seem to have the credibility to be a good recruiter, and he’s at least got some coaching experience as an NBA assistant. Hard to know how guys will be as game coaches when they’ve never done it.

Ewing is doing ok at Georgetown, and he had very similar credentials. Michigan is a much easier place to recruit to and to win at than that mid major DC dump, so Howard has a chance.
The biggest criticism I've always had about that play isn't the TO call, it's "Why was Weber handling the ball instead of point guard Jalen Rose?"

Penny had major AAU contacts before getting Memphis job which I'm not sure Howard has due to his NBA responsibilities.

klay and steph absolutely were
just to double down - raptors have zero lottery picks on their roster.

(which I personally think is a huge indictment of the one and done era and how clueless a lot of the NBA front offices are - just big wigs collecting fat paychecks.)

just to double down - raptors have zero lottery picks on their roster.

(which I personally think is a huge indictment of the one and done era and how clueless a lot of the NBA front offices are - just big wigs collecting fat paychecks.)

True, but just barely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom