John Beilein to Cleveland Cavs / Juwan Howard to Michigan | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

John Beilein to Cleveland Cavs / Juwan Howard to Michigan

Isn't everyone still wearing the baggy shorts that they introduced as their fashion "innovation"?
I don't recall seeing anybody in those "high and tight" shorty-shorts since about 1979.
Doesn’t that include the rolled up jean shorts between 87-94 lol

If I recall correctly, you're another of our resident Cooley fans. Love that guy, he'd be at the top of my list. I'll be sorry for the Big East if he moves on.
He is a damn solid coach. Before this season he took Providence to the NCAA tournament 5 years in a row. At PC that was unprecedented.
Cooley is solid. His problem has been flameouts in March but I would hire him no doubt for a good job.

He was the guy who recruited a lot of those guys for BC when Al Skinner had them rolling. Smith/Dudley/Jackson types.

If I recall correctly, you're another of our resident Cooley fans. Love that guy, he'd be at the top of my list. I'll be sorry for the Big East if he moves on.

I'm a fan also. They could do a lot worse than Cooley - most of the names that have been mentioned are in that group imho

Woof. That's a bad hire. It was a bad group to begin with. Should have reached out to Slick Rick and see if he would have been interested. Michigan is one of the better jobs in the country and has transformed itself into an elite program in this half of the decade.

Michigan bringing back the glory days of when they used to bring down Final 4 banners and vacate wins.

Woah, just timeout bro...
010DEA4E-66CC-439D-A150-83153A1AB873.gif

Maybe this should be in the H0T Takes thread but I think this hire will blow up on them. I wouldn't expect the next guy to be as successful as Beilein but I'll be surprised if Juwan coaches his entire contract without being fired. I'll be happy to bump this if Juwan is super successful and makes me look stupid.

Maybe this should be in the H0T Takes thread but I think this hire will blow up on them. I wouldn't expect the next guy to be as successful as Beilein but I'll be surprised if Juwan coaches his entire contract without being fired. I'll be happy to bump this if Juwan is super successful and makes me look stupid.

Does he have any college coaching experience?

That has to be a negative right out of the gate.

Very strange hire its Michigan its a very good job could have got a better option.

Woah, just timeout bro...
View attachment 163890

The timeout gets all the attention, but the blatant travel for no reason after the rebound and then dribbling directly to the corner allowing himself to get trapped were so, so bad. He really lost his mind there, which was unfortunate because he was such a great player.

Howard would seem to have the credibility to be a good recruiter, and he’s at least got some coaching experience as an NBA assistant. Hard to know how guys will be as game coaches when they’ve never done it.

Ewing is doing ok at Georgetown, and he had very similar credentials. Michigan is a much easier place to recruit to and to win at than that mid major DC dump, so Howard has a chance.

Very strange hire its Michigan its a very good job could have got a better option.
I'm a fan also. They could do a lot worse than Cooley - most of the names that have been mentioned are in that group imho
Cooley is an outstanding coach a little surprised he didn't have interest in the mich job.

Lol what a moron. The finished in the top 25 6 out of the last 8 years and made the tournament 9 out of 12.
Right in line with the Frieder and Fisher era.

That’s the one problem with the hire or job for Howard. Expectations are sky high yet most of their talent is leaving. Sometimes it’s easier to step into a dumpster fire like Ewing and have lower expectations.

That’s the one problem with the hire or job for Howard. Expectations are sky high yet most of their talent is leaving. Sometimes it’s easier to step into a dumpster fire like Ewing and have lower expectations.

It’s a boom or bust hire.

Which is good in a way. Either he’s successful or you fire him. Better than being stuck in purgatory with a Herb Sendek or Mark Turgeon caliber coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom