John Gillon is exactly what we hoped for | Syracusefan.com

John Gillon is exactly what we hoped for

I am so happy to admit I underestimated how good Gillon would be coming in. He is so polished on offense and defensively has been more than adequate against these lesser foes so far. It is great to have this kind of quality guard depth, other than the year where MCW was the 4th guard I can't remember a year like it. We have crazy, crazy depth.

Gillon is electric. I love his ability to finish with incredible releases from all angles. He puts amazing english on the ball on traffic. So much fun watching him toss those teardrops off the top of the backboard.

Our guards are legit. And that was about as bad as Battle will play all year. Just couldn't buy a shot. If he had a decent shooting day, he'd have scored about 16-17 again, maybe more.

Last edited:
Gillon is electric. I love his ability to finish with incredible releases from all angles. He puts amazing english on the ball on traffic. So much fun watching him toss those teardrops off the top of the backboard.

Our guards are legit. And that was about as bad as Battle will play all year. Just couldn't buy a shot. If he had a decent shooting day, he'd have scored about 16-17 again, maybe more.

This. It's all calculated and done in control. He knows exactly how he needs to put the ball up. Sure it's something he's worked on because of his size.

On these first few looks, we haven't had a better finisher at the basket in awhile. Very excited about him.

This. It's all calculated and done in control. He knows exactly how he needs to put the ball up. Sure it's something he's worked on because of his size.

On these first few looks, we haven't had a better finisher at the basket in awhile. Very excited about him.

Someone on Twitter questioned if he can dunk. He said, "dang. That's crazy." He can throw down in a big way. He just decided to finger roll his breakaway but he's a great dunker.

Last edited:
Really a nice luxury to have Howard/Gillon/Battle. Howard and Gillon were awesome tonight. All three have great one-on-one and playmaking ability. Huge obviously. Once this team truly gels then lookout! It's going to be REALLY nice not having to sweat out games where we are scoring in the 50s!

Really a nice luxury to have Howard/Gillon/Battle. Howard and Gillon were awesome tonight. All three have great one-on-one and playmaking ability. Huge obviously. Once this team truly gels then lookout! It's going to be REALLY nice not having to sweat out games where we are scoring in the 50s!
Taco Bell may have to boost the score back up to 75!

Gillon and Howard have a disgustingly great connection with Mr. Beast.

This is one thing I'm REALLY rooting for this year. This is Robey's final year, and I think we FINALLY have the guards that will reward him for often being the first one down the court on offense. He's been doing that since his freshman year, and we never see him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom