John Wildhack donates $1 million to athletic department | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack donates $1 million to athletic department

This year and a lot of next year.

However, assuming this data is accurate, the guy definitely did not take a paycut and even if he were the highest paid exec at ESPN, got quite a nice raise at SU.

View attachment 188350

Uh, JW was hardly the “average” exec at ESPN.

He was literally the Number 2 guy there, and poised to take over the top spot when the other guy (edited - John Skipper) retired.

Uh, JW was hardly the “average” exec at ESPN.

He was literally the Number 2 guy there, and poised to take over the top spot when the other guy (spacing on his name now) retired.

I just did a quick google search and it said the highest paid exec made 450k. I don't know how much he made there, was just trying to find an answer to the question. :cool:

I just did a quick google search and it said the highest paid exec made 450k. I don't know how much he made there, was just trying to find an answer to the question. :cool:

Skipper reportedly made $5mil / year.

Can’t find JW’s anywhere, but - pretty sure he was comfortable after being there for 38 years.

I’d bet a LOT that he took a pay cut to become our AD.

Clearly he did vs being the #1 at ESPN.

Skipper reportedly made $5mil / year.

Can’t find JW’s anywhere, but - pretty sure he was comfortable after being there for 38 years.

I’d bet a LOT that he took a pay cut to become our AD.

Clearly he did vs being the #1 at ESPN.

I just found that $5 mil figure too...so maybe JW was around 2-3? If he was, he took a massive paycut, but then again...when you have made that much money, does it even matter "only" making mid to high 6 figures? That tells me he really believes in SU and took the job to make us better, not for a fat paycheck.

I just found that $5 mil figure too...so maybe JW was around 2-3? If he was, he took a massive paycut, but then again...when you have made that much money, does it even matter "only" making mid to high 6 figures? That tells me he really believes in SU and took the job to make us better, not for a fat paycheck.

AND - when you factor in that he was the Mike Hopkins ‘CEO In Waiting’ to Skipper’s JB, well, he REALLY didn’t take the SU gig for financial reasons.

WIldhack made $770K in 2018

And Jim Boeheim ranked 38th in pay among MBB coaches. Look at some of those getting paid significantly more than he is ..

And Jim Boeheim ranked 38th in pay among MBB coaches. Look at some of those getting paid significantly more than he is ..
Bless him for only making so much. He is truly an icon of the university

Uconn not on the list...JB is probably lower than that considering the incomplete data...

He came back because he loves his alma mater and wants to leave his mark. Some things are worth more than money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom