John Wildhack | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack

LMFAO. Since when are USF and Cincy powerhouses. Give it a rest you lost badly.
Huh? USC was the #2 team in the country coming off their sanctions. I never said anything about USF or UC, but neither school was bad in the twilight days of the BIG EAST (USF was soft in ‘12, but UC had a ranked 10 win team), no matter how badly you want to rewrite history to make a stupid point.

(The #2 by their name signifies their rank.)

Don't be silly. He's a jerk. That would be a UConn move and truly end the program.
We’re 1-9 with a loss to a school that’s 2 years removed from fcs. What program do you think you’re protecting?

*The above said, I do think we bounce back next year, but let’s not pretend like we’re the SU of ‘05 and the tradition and history of our program are alive in the minds of our recruits.

not six because they are going to win 8,

another clueless chicken little post from you,

what is available is not the close to the full roster,

if this performance was with the team envisioned going into last March you might have a point, but it isn’t so you don’t

haven’t you been crying at the top of your lungs how the team quit and Dino had lost the locker room

based on today you couldn’t have been more wrong

I think we gained 3 yards rushing today, and we weren't playing Clemson or Notre Dame.
We gained 0.1 yards per carry.
Our offensive line play was awful last year, too.
If you see 8 wins there next season, I hope you're right.

Marrone is arrogant and has the personality of a stone. I want no part of him returning to SU. He already showed what was important to him and it wasn’t SU. He took his entire staff with him and left us with very little. He won’t recruit because it’s beneath him. He has lost more games in the NFL than anyone else during his time in the league. There isn’t even a close second with the number of losses he‘s accrued during his time as a head coach.

The year SS did? Yeah.

You didn’t read my question correctly. Would Marrone have a .500 record if he faced the same schedule the past four years as Dino? And I actually agree with you that our first year in the ACC Marrone could’ve gotten us to a bowl. But I was asking more about 2016-2019

Last edited:
Marrone is arrogant and has the personality of a stone. I want no part of him returning to SU. He already showed what was important to him and it wasn’t SU. He took his entire staff with him and left us with very little. He won’t recruit because it’s beneath him. He has lost more games in the NFL than anyone else during his time in the league. There isn’t even a close second with the number of losses he‘s accrued during his time as a head coach.

Guys, he left SU to take a NFL job. It’s not like he left SU to go to WVU or Rutgers.

I can only imagine the email and phone call ADJW must have received after that last series. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. The AD is going to have some serious PR work to do after this season, Covid or not.

Baloney head would never be hired again at Syracuse. He napalmed the village on his way out.

I would take Marrone back but the chances of that happening are basically zero. Neither the school nor Marrone would want to do it

It isn't fear that's the mind killer,

It's unreasonable expectations, this year was always going to be a disaster.
I don't think it is unreasonable to think that this season could be better than the disaster that it has been in the 5th year of a coach's tenure. If it is, we should just shut the thing down.

Who’s quitting? All our best players are hurt. Half the guys on the field are freshmen. We’re overmatched. Who cares?

And yeah, the basketball season is stupid too. Complete trainwreck so far. How many teams can’t even practice right now?

And I don’t know or care about any other sports.
Our coach quit on a game a few weeks ago. We went home with our time outs.

Someone said we shouldn't be the worst P5 team but like why not? Terrible recruiting area. Terrible last 20 years. Basketball school no matter who wants to argue. Only just now improving the facilities to a respectable level. Smallish private school.

It's a major uphill climb.
Boston College does okay. Small private school. harder to get in to than Syracuse. No one in their area cares about the team. No recruiting base. Hockey school no matter who wants to argue. They manage 6 wins almost every year.

We all know how tough of a gig SU is but we should be able to go to bowls regularly. 6-6 shouldn’t be so hard when we control 1/3 of our schedule. Then we lose to Middle Tennessee, Maryland and Liberty of course

the guy who took us to two bowl games, two bowl wins, wins over SEC Mizzou, BIG10 Northwestern, BIG12 K State, WV multiple times, etc. with WAY less than Babers has would not end the program.

jerk or not, the guy can win games and win games here at SU.

the weak BE was a gift to Marrone from the football gods. He is a decent HC who hates recruiting

I’d take the UB HC over Marrone redux

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom