John Wildhack | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack

S & C doesn't translate very well to Zoom conference calls.

There were no Summer classes at SU this year, meaning no players were putting in S & C work under the direct supervision of the staff.

Clearly some of these guys weren't properly dedicated...

We are consistently smaller, slower and have more injuries than our peer schools. There is something wrong with the type of player we are recruiting, the S&C, medical staff or the way we practice. It’s not just this season.

If this were year 2 of Dino’s tenure there wouldn’t be many people complaining in my opinion. We aren’t THAT far off from being respectable on offense. Like stated above we need 1-2 lineman to have an average line. Insert Bleich at guard and Illaoa at center then get a transfer tackle for Servais. QB depth will finally be good IF Tommy comes back. RB depth will be good as well.

If the young receivers can develop we will finally have some weapons. Alford, Javontae Williams, Barron, Hendrix and Courtney Jackson all have tons of untapped ponterial. Really looking forward to their offseason. Only starting receivers I would like to see back are Nykeim and AQ.

JW and HCDB aren’t going anywhere as we all know even though it’s brought up every week. If it makes anyone feel better - UGA fans are calling for Kirby Smarts job after they only beat Miss. State by 7.

I don‘t mean this in a snarky way, but this has been the response to mediocre (at best) teams around here for the last several years (the last Dungey year excluded). It’s always, ”We‘re THIS CLOSE to being good” and it never happens...Insanity is doing the same thing over and over...

I don‘t mean this in a snarky way, but this has been the response to mediocre (at best) teams around here for the last several years (the last Dungey year excluded). It’s always, ”We‘re THIS CLOSE to being good” and it never happens...Insanity is doing the same thing over and over...
Maybe we should have a new mascot, an Orange groundhog. Call 'em Salty Chuck. That name works on a lot of levels.

WV was start to finish. What game did we struggle first half and then dominate 2nd half? Stony Brook? Do you want me to go through all the no shows from the D his four years here? Just 2012 alone we were torched by USC, USF, Cincy, Mizzou. Plus with the lead and 2:40 left in the game we let Northwestern drive 75 yards in less than 2 mins to beat us. On the good side of things we had Louisville and WV which totally clouds people's memories.
If you're citing games against the #2 team in the country and SEC schools and nitpicking specific drives, then I rest my case.

(And before you argue USC beign a 7-6 team, look how the finished the season to see what the sactions did to their depth, and then look at when we played them.)

If you're citing games against the #2 team in the country and SEC schools and nitpicking specific drives, then I rest my case.

(And before you argue USC beign a 7-6 team, look how the finished the season to see what the sactions did to their depth, and then look at when we played them.)

LMFAO. Since when are USF and Cincy powerhouses. Give it a rest you lost badly.

Close your eyes.

Imagine that you don't have to watch this shite show for another second.

Now open them. Breathe and smile.
So close my eyes for the next two years?

I guess it’s true that it never happens if you exclude the good years. That’s one way to look at things.

I’ve been a Syracuse fan for 20 years and I think have witnessed... 6 winning seasons?

dino had one ten win year and new season ticket sales shot up over 30%. Fans answered, he dropped the ball.

He needed 8 wins last year and a decent bowl game.

He got to 5 wins, and we had a team where the QB and his best receiver yelled at each other on the sidelines all season long. And, of course, we had yet another terrible offensive line.

He gets next year, he misses a bowl he's likely gone but if he's less than 5 wins hes 100% gone

This team is not going to win six games next year.
We have to learn how to block, first. We will be LUCKY to win four games after this dumpster fire.
We are in GROB territory right now. This is the worst we have ever been.

Don't be silly. He's a jerk. That would be a UConn move and truly end the program.

the guy who took us to two bowl games, two bowl wins, wins over SEC Mizzou, BIG10 Northwestern, BIG12 K State, WV multiple times, etc. with WAY less than Babers has would not end the program.

jerk or not, the guy can win games and win games here at SU.

the guy who took us to two bowl games, two bowl wins, wins over SEC Mizzou, BIG10 Northwestern, BIG12 K State, WV multiple times, etc. with WAY less than Babers has would not end the program.

To be honest, the way Doug left wasn't good, but he is a good coach. What this program needs is a good leader, and Doug is that. Dino has run out of excuses, this program seems to be in freefall, because his offense has become offensive to watch. Back to back weeks set new ACC records for futility.
Last week it was 45 passing yards, this week 3 rushing yards.

To be honest, the way Doug left wasn't good, but he is a good coach. What this program needs is a good leader, and Doug is that. Dino has run out of excuses, this program seems to be in freefall, because his offense has become offensive to watch. Back to back weeks set new ACC records for futility.
Last week it was 45 passing yards, this week 3 rushing yards.

Marrone has a .500 record in college and a less than .500 record in the NFL. I'm not sure he is really a good coach. If you want to move on from Dino, fine. But I would rather go for someone different.

He won't recruit. How do you like that for a long term strategy?

Last edited:
This team is not going to win six games next year.
We have to learn how to block, first. We will be LUCKY to win four games after this dumpster fire.
We are in GROB territory right now. This is the worst we have ever been.

not six because they are going to win 8,

another clueless chicken little post from you,

what is available is not the close to the full roster,

if this performance was with the team envisioned going into last March you might have a point, but it isn’t so you don’t

haven’t you been crying at the top of your lungs how the team quit and Dino had lost the locker room

based on today you couldn’t have been more wrong

Can't wait for next year to see if Go or IM are correct. 4 vs 8. Very excited. Can't get here soon enough. Hope I remember this exact post.

not six because they are going to win 8,

another clueless chicken little post from you,

what is available is not the close to the full roster,

if this performance was with the team envisioned going into last March you might have a point, but it isn’t so you don’t

haven’t you been crying at the top of your lungs how the team quit and Dino had lost the locker room

based on today you couldn’t have been more wrong
I hope you're right, but I don't see it. Who plays for us next year that makes us so much better. The OL has been bad for 5 years. Did we look that good before Devito went down? What are we good at on Offense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom