Johnson literally plays in my backyard. I will be going to his games now that he is on board. | Syracusefan.com

Johnson literally plays in my backyard. I will be going to his games now that he is on board.

Does he really "literally" play in your back yard? You have a court set up there and he frequents it? :confused: Very nice of you do donate your back yard for basketball use.;)

Does he really "literally" play in your back yard? You have a court set up there and he frequents it? :confused: Very nice of you do donate your back yard for basketball use.;)

I do and I only let future Syracuse commits to play on it....and myself also. Let me know if you want tickets to the pick up games....my dome foam is better though only high end stuff at this venue.

Anybody complaining about this signing, I just don't get it.

This kid is really intriguing to me. Incredible length at 16 years old, so there's even more time to sprout up. Length is crucial to our system. A smooth jumper, I realize there's a little hesitation before his jumpers but I wouldn't even call that a hitch, the shot itself is fundamentally very sound and smooth. Runs like a deer. Ball-handling may not be particularly strong, but he seems relatively comfortable putting it on the deck once or twice to create space. Certainly shows the ability to finish strong in transition, we thrive on transition and easy baskets. Shows some legitimate shot-blocking instincts in highlights, not just cherry-picked blocks against smaller kids.

He's the ideal 3/4 hybrid for our system.

I think we've got a gem here. Just my two cents.

This kid is really intriguing to me. Incredible length at 16 years old, so there's even more time to sprout up. Length is crucial to our system. A smooth jumper, I realize there's a little hesitation before his jumpers but I wouldn't even call that a hitch, the shot itself is fundamentally very sound and smooth. Runs like a deer. Ball-handling may not be particularly strong, but he seems relatively comfortable putting it on the deck once or twice to create space. Certainly shows the ability to finish strong in transition, we thrive on transition and easy baskets. Shows some legitimate shot-blocking instincts in highlights, not just cherry-picked blocks against smaller kids.

I completely agree with you, but this kid, at this point, is looking like more of a wing than a combo forward. He is more likely to slide to the 2 and make the front of the zone super long than trying to be a primary rebounder for SU. At his current size, or even if he added 20 lbs, he would have to be coupled with a more physical forward, in my opinion.

Anybody complaining about any Boeheim recruit is absolutely out of his mind (assuming there aren't any concrete, tangible concerns about the kid).

People on here defend Boeheim for the most ridiculous things, yet folks are quick to question a player he wants on his team? After the success rate he's had with that activity in the past half-decade? The guy's batting over .900 - he gets a solid contributor or better with like every recruit he chooses.

I don't get it either. This kid's going to be the next great Syracuse wing.

but but but ... top100 rankings... wahhhhh

Kid has sleeper written all over his game.

I completely agree with you, but this kid, at this point, is looking like more of a wing than a combo forward. He is more likely to slide to the 2 and make the front of the zone super long than trying to be a primary rebounder for SU. At his current size, or even if he added 20 lbs, he would have to be coupled with a more physical forward, in my opinion.
OF, just taking a different tack, ... this kid is 16 years old, 17 in 2 months. I havn't surveyed his genetic code, but a 16 yo is likely to add some weight and he could grow anywhere from 1-3 inches before we're unwrapping presents on X-Mas 2013. If this happens (and it probably will), he could be Grant's height (6'8+ in stocking feet) or bigger. He's already very athletic and long (classic SU wing), and he can definitely shoot the rock. So this probably puts him, at least, at the 3, if not a stretch 4 ala' JS.

Sooner or later, this kid is probably going to contribute. So ... the staff can let another team have him and watch him explode against us. Or, we can bring him in, give him the practice experience he needs to develop and a little PT ... and let him explode for us. And the nice thing is ... we don't have to compete with bags of cash from Ky or UCLA. He's Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom